Rachuig 2009

pixie

Pixie
Firstly, my commiserations to the boys this year, don't believe their scores reflected their efforts and hopefully next year will be more like last year for you.

Secondly, I would like to thank all the ladies of this year's Rachuig team for showing me just how good a feeling it is to come so close to the major prizes. I, personally, had the best time I've had in three years of Rachuig and not just because of the placing, but the camaraderie and support on the lanes was brilliant.

Last but by no means least, I would like to thank Eric, our coach, we had but one goal for this year, which we exceeded, but thanks to the confidence he placed in us all, thereby boosting our own self-confidence, we were able to keep banging away without letting any of the usual "stuff" like scores and lineups get in the way.

Here's hoping next year will see both Eric and Brenda behind us and we can really make a stand.:p

Here here Tina,

Congrats to the ladies it was great to see you compete and enjoy yourselves!

The boys had a shocker but seeing the Tassie lads take home the trophy has us inspired to work hard and hook in again next year.

Also congrats to Tracey-Lee who bowled great on a tough pattern and nearly made all stars.

Thanks to all the boys who tried hard but just couldnt get it happening this year.

Cheers
Drew

Hi all

Not being apart of the state teams this year it was interesting to watch the scores via the net this year.

I think as a state the next step is to start bowling on more difficult oil patterns day to day, our current league patterns are 10 - 1, the national patterns were between 3 - 1 to 6.5 - 1.

I would like our State Committe look at this before for next year and approach the centre's

Chris Bateup

I concur, I'd love to see a somewhat challenging pattern put down for league. I think if our league bowlers would learn to have an average on a tough pattern, they wouldn't be surprised when they travel to an event.

What would you put down? I do quite like "Middle Road"

A few of us Seniors bowled on the pattern at Tuggeranong last Sunday ( Thanks Michael Craig ) they are laying down for Manila and it was a fair pattern. Hit your mark and you scored, miss it and you paid the price.

AC

I agree Jeff, it would be good to see our league (Cash Triples) progress one step further, and look at set patterns. There's leagues in other states doing this and I think it would be a great experience. Say 2 or 3 different patterns per round. We have 16 weeks per round (I think) so 2 or 3 different patterns during the course of a round shouldn't be hard. Of course, getting the centre on board is another issue. Thoughts for AGM anyway.

Keiran.

A few of us Seniors bowled on the pattern at Tuggeranong last Sunday ( Thanks Michael Craig ) they are laying down for Manila and it was a fair pattern. Hit your mark and you scored, miss it and you paid the price.

AC

The Manila Pattern is 11:1. That's definitely a house shot! (Kegel have an easy house shot called "Wall Street" that is 9:1.) Although dust and surface issues at Tuggeranong would make it a bit harder.

Middle Road is a great pattern, but would be too severe a switch to throw all at once for a lot of players and would cause a great deal of pain. As I have said for ages, if we are to get honest about lane oil, we need to slowly change the patterns and advise people beforehand of these changes to promote a transparent culture toward lane dressing.

I would think that around 6:1 is about the right level to lay a house shot. (6:1 patterns play about as tough as easy houses used to play.) Right now, that's what we lay for a few tournaments around the place.

In fact, here's a suggestion;
Go to http://www.kegel.net/patternlibrary/default.asp and look in the "Other Tournaments" section on the LHS down the bottom and check out the 2007 World Tenpin Masters pattern. There were some very high scores thrown on this. I think that this pattern is the sort of first step that is required. At 5.2:1 and 21.6mls, this is not a tough pattern, especially as it has 20 ft of buff for a smooth transition downlane which provides hold area on tugged shots.

Keep it easy for league, but not crazy like we have currently. (And Tuggeranong is the tough house in town!) Even easier, lenghten the oil outside 10 board about 8 feet. (So it gets past the arrows before being buffed to nothing.)

We'd probably need to move the league to the late shift if we wanted a semi-serious pattern. The league following us might find it a little tricky, otherwise.

I think a change to a 5 or 6:1 for something like triples would be easy to achieve but just in my opinion you would need to select something pre season and leave it. Many wouldn't notice that much difference and the ones that do won't worry because everyone has established averages etc on the same pattern. It'll only be received badly where you start with a 10-1 and swap mid season to 5-1 or something simliar i think its a tough thing to do in a handicapped league.

Just my thoughts

Back
Top Bottom