Rachuig 2006

Hi,

Just a quick note, that my mum works for Tourism Tasmania. and bookings for Accomodation at next year nationals are moving full steam ahead, so to prespective teams and groups my advice is to get in fairly quick so you will get close to Moonah Bowl,

here is a list of a couple close by,

Martin Cash Motor Lodge
Village Motor Inn
Balmoral Motor Inn
Graham Court Apartments
North Side holiday Village
Rydges North Hobart
Water Front Village
Elwick Cabin Park

Sorry dont have any numbers, But you can contact Tourism Tasmania on 1300 655 145

Hope this Helps.. :)

Mark Foster

Accomodation for next years nationals is already very tight and several of the establishments mentioned in Mark's post are already fully booked.

The TBA are continously checking accomodation and rental car options and are updating their site weekly - www.tenpin.org.au/2006_Adult_Nationals/accommodation.htm

The site shows full details including phone numbers, email & web site addresses and should help any states still trying to organise accomodation etc.

Andrew,

The hobart guys will be able to tell you a little more accurately, but I would estimate that the airport would be approx 25kms from the bowl, as for a taxi Id only be guessing but maybe $30????

Im sure the Hobart guys will jump on and correct me if Im too far out on the above

Cheers

It would be close to that Scooter...

Must admit... never caught a taxi from the airport to the bowl.. :lol:

There's also the Tower Motel up in Park Street, North Hobart behind Rydges and Northside Manor for cheap, clean accomodation, just around the corner and up the hill from here.
Also Fountainside in the City, just near the Cenotaph if you're having difficulties finding a place to stop.

A cab fare from Hobart Airport to the City is around the $35-$40 mark (a mate of mine's a cabbie and reckons that's what a regular job down there costs), more if you're staying in the suburbs.

Edit: Airport to the Bowl is just on 32kms.
You'd be looking at around $45+ for a cab fare from the Airport to Moonah.

Back
Top Bottom