Rachiug, Jimcross wants an argument.

bluey

So the Vic women bowled fantastic and a huge congrats to them on their outstanding achievement. Their pinfall was higher than all the men's teams and I'd say they would've most likely won the men's division as well. As for the Vic men...... A few turned up and did well, it seems a few struggled. So I have to ask, did the women get 8 pins because even though they prove themselves over and over again it seems many believe wearing a skirt hinders a bowlers ability in some way? Surely this bullshit of women needing handicap in scratch events is just that, bullshit. When is a bowlers ave going to be taken as the governing factor on their ability rather than their gender?

Just also wondering if the Vic men didn't have a Captain this year because of course everyone is equal and no one should feel lesser for having someone lead them? A memo should be put out to all professional teams across the world and let them know they're doing it wrong, the Vic Rachuig Committee is leading the way.

The 8 pins debate has been discussed at length many times. From memory the general consensus was that the 8 pins was more an incentive (rightly or wrongly) to generate entries rather than to give the Females an advantage.

It's sad that the only mention of the Vic Womens historic win in Rachuig was made to serve as an avenue to complain about something else.
Well done ladies, and congrats to NT for their win in the Mens division. Bec Vouklous outscoring everyone else in either field also deserves a shout out, as well as Meadsys 300 and the fact that Morty got outscored by his girlfriend (Never mind mate, won't be long before you can bowl Seniors with me :) )

Back
Top Bottom