Query About 2009 Drafts

Rat420

x_"+He Hi+m4n"_X
Hey guys,

I was just curious to know if only the people that got drafted into 2009 President shield teams were notified?

or

Were the people that put in a form but were unsuccessful also notified that they had not made the team? or just ignored? and never heard anything back?

Also is it possible to ask, Why do NT only have 6 bowlers, as i know of at least one other person that could have at least made up the numbers, and did nominate for a draft and had the form sent off to the address on the form, and would have arrived well before the closing date.

thanks
.richard

I'd suggest those who were unsuccessful should keep an eye on the teams and be aware that all the picks have been taken and therefore they won't be called. I don't think any organisation I've officiated in has called in this circumstance, you simply announce that the teams are now full.

And perhps NT didn't feel they needed the 7th, it's an option. ACTTBA only picked girls up to 6.

You have to remember that this is an open, scratch, 'elite' competition, and it's about making the best team that can win the event. It's not, nor should it be, about maximising participation

I'd suggest those who were unsuccessful should keep an eye on the teams and be aware that all the picks have been taken and therefore they won't be called. I don't think any organisation I've officiated in has called in this circumstance, you simply announce that the teams are now full.

And perhps NT didn't feel they needed the 7th, it's an option. ACTTBA only picked girls up to 6.

You have to remember that this is an open, scratch, 'elite' competition, and it's about making the best team that can win the event. It's not, nor should it be, about maximising participation

Interesting last paragraph comment when you look at NT team averages! Then you know of bowlers with higher averages and other comp experience question should perhaps be did their draft get lost somewhere! Just a thought.

It's not all about averages or experience, it's about a team. Although I'm nothing to do with NT so I couldn't tell you what they were looking for.

If you'd like to PM me the bowler in question I will look on our draft list (I think we had first pick so I should have the full sheet) and we will know if they were an option.

i know its not all about averages but i saw the NT line up the boys team have bowlers with averages under 179 and i just dont think that they will be competitive with averages like that

with that said congratulations to the bowlers who got drafted and bowl well during shield

Having looked at the draft list I was given to pick from, and matching up the names NT have chosen, I have a theory. And I don't disagree with it either.

My theory is that NT felt a team of bowlers who may be slightly weaker individually, but can train together as a unit, might be stronger or more beneficial to them than a team of modestly strong bowlers from all over the country.

You may note their picks are two of the higher average options available to them, followed by five that bowl in the Burdekin/Cairns area, competed in the same trials, and probably already know each other. Coupled with the fact that their area is closer to NT, it probably made it possible for June to travel out and work with those bowlers directly, all in one place.

We have demonstrated the theory too, in that our first draft pick (Leanne Robertson) agreed to travel over to team training sessions in Canberra. I'm sure Leanne and the rest of the team will agree that has helped in their preparation.

Remember this is my theory, I am not the NT selector nor have I asked them.

Back
Top Bottom