QUEENSLAND LADIES CLASSIC

FLOWER

To all those lady bowlers out there who would love to compete with the best in Oz.

The Queensland Ladies Classic will be held at Caboolture Bowl on 21st and 22nd June.....entry forms are in the centres now but if you can't find one - please phone Mary Flower - 3865 8887 or email: [email protected].

Entry Fee for Powder Puff Tour bowlers is $150 and non-tour bowlers - $160.

16 games qualifying with Cut to Top 15 and matchplay - 3 to a pair - 50 win, 25 for 2nd, 0 for 3rd.

Prize fund and full details on Entry Form - see Forum National News and Tournament Entry Forms for more info.

This has been a most successful Tournament for the last few years and local participation from Qld's up and coming bowlers in conjunction with the established performers is much encouraged.

BE IN IT..........

MARY FLOWER

Hello Mary, wouldnt miss it for the world can you put me in B squad please thanks Kellie

UPDATE:

Looking good!!! At this date there are 33 entries with entries spread evenly (almost!) over the two squads .. will post names next week. Great to see bowlers nominating who are looking for experience and also an encouraging number of interstaters along with the ever faithfull few who keep us going.

Plenty of time to nominate yet so ......... get your entry in and don't forget pick up and delivery for travellers.

See initial post for contact details .....

Queensland - beautiful one day - perfect the next!!!

GO LIONS!

FLOWER

At 11.6.03 - SQUAD LISTING FOR QUEENSLAND LADIES CLASSIC

Squad A

Natasha Brennan
Catherine Bryant
Glenda Davis
Mary Flower
Amanda Frost
Michelle Halprin
Kelly Kantor
Ann Kirby
Margaret Millard
Kirstie Mills
Broni Morgan
Emma Rasdall
Natalie Shelley
Glenys Smith
Kimberlie Smith
Samantha Warby
Kelly Warren (Def. Champ)
Kylie Lack
Kimberlie Suna
Josie Adams

Squad B

Narelle Baker
Denise Brown
Sue Cassell
Michelle Cottrell
Kellie Hart
Julie Hird
Pat Knapman
Yvette Lawton
Anne Lingard
Bronwyn Matthews
Kim Munson
Anne Marie Putney
Emma Rutten
Jenny Walsh
Chris Webster
Roz Yendle
Bianca Flanagan
Jayde Flanagan
Kellie Montgomery
Ronnie Bates
Gale Heley
Amanda Bradley
Kylie Walker

That is 43 names and with the Classic based on 42 - YES!!!!

See original post for entries and with the Classic being one of so few nationally ranked ladies tournaments - a great opportunity for the local girls to get some points without too much travel.

Thanks to the interstaters - VIC, NSW, SA, and even KIWI land.

Please contact me for any info and the SPONSORS are HAPPY!!!!!!!! There will be SPONSOR profiles on this post shortly.

FLOWER

hey mary spoke to Kate Wilton can you put her in B squad please thanks so much see you then

HEY Petal,
I know you are a very busy lady but have you
got a revised squad listing for the weekend.
Thanks Julie xxx
:D :eek:

UPDATE ON SQUAD LISTING: (just for you, Julie!)

A Squad

JOSIE ADAMS
NATASHA BRENNAN
GLENDA DAVIS
AMANDA FROST
LINDA GREEN
MICHELLE HALPRIN
KELLIE HART
GALE HELEY
KELLY KANTOR
KRYSTAL KING
KYLIE LACK
MARGARET MILLARD
KIRSTIE MILLS
BRONI MORGAN
GLENYS SMITH
KIMBERLIE SMITH
KIM SUNA
DOROTHY TAYLOR
SAMANTHA WARBY
KELLY WARREN (DEF.)
KATE WILTON
ALLISON BURANY

Squad B

NARELLE BAKER
AMANDA BRADLEY
DENISE BROWN
MICHELLE COTTRELL
BIANCA FLANAGAN
JAYDE FLANAGAN
MARY FLOWER
JULIE HIRD
PAT KNAPMAN
YVETTE LAWTON
ANNE LINGARD
BRONWYN MATTHEWS
KELLIE MONTGOMERY
ANN MAREE PUTNEY
EMMA RUTTEN
JENNY WALSH
CHRIS WEBSTER
ROZ YENDLE
HAYLEY DONNELLY
SANDRA WAITE

Some great names there and a shame that there are a few high profile locals missing !!! Wish I knew why.....oh, well - life is tuff for Tournament organizers.

The raffle is already a HIT - $60 CHOCS. donated by Darrell Lea, a magnum of Red Wine (Wyndham Estate Bin 444), a leopard skin G-string, a lilac (little black book) address book and a cute lilac soap.

High games lane awards for each of the qualifying squads - 16 in total - donated by Lil Gatt and Northfield Car Sound and the placings 16th - 23rd will receive l'oreal Hair Products donated by a left handed male bowler of some repute!!!! Thanks heaps.

Anyone still interested???? Please contact as soon as possible - right up until the last minute - no worries.

INVITATION - come along and watch these girls strut their stuff.....you will be in for a treat!

FLOWER

THANKYOU MARY,
AS PER USUAL YOU ARE WORKING YOUR
BUTT OFF TO KEEP A RANKED LADIES TOURNAMENT IN
QUEENSLAND.
STILL A GOOD FIELD SEE YOU ON THE WEEKEND
REGARDS
JULIE :D :lol:

UPDATE: Please add LEIGH MCLEOD to B Squad.....

Getting excited already and Pilko (I hope) will update scores for you forum browsers. Thanks to Nat Shelley, who cannot bowl but made a special phone call to wish us well as did Jo and Martina from SA.

I am not biased (much!) but GO THE ATBSO girls (???)

FLOWER

Mary

Whilst I wont be here to watch as I had planned, I wish you and your little helpers all the best in running this tournament. I for one can appreicate the time and effort you have put into it. Hope it all goes well.

$10 side bet on Emma Rutten please.............

G

Graham has made a slight boo boo in his promotion of the Classic, for which I say THANK YOU.........

We have had only 2 winners since the Classic first started in 1999 - Kirstie Mills was the inaugural winner and Kelly Warren has owned this tournament in 2000, 2001, 2002 and plans to continue .........

Have reached 46 entries and hope this number will be increased later today.....still trying hard, Julie!

I wish all bowlers GOOD LUCK and see you there!!!

Oh, by the way......E Bay - Classic Style - for auction -

1 Original Queensland Ladies Classic shirt size XL - last one available and a collectors item........cream shirt, with black/cream/red collar (bows on collar) with black and red bows down left front and Classic logo emb. on right front - there are a few boys with them also!!!!!!

Put in your bid to Caboolture Bowl over the weekend -

07 54956000

Thanks to all the well wishers

FLOWER

Back
Top Bottom