Queensland Cup LIVE

Graham

Staff member
The AMF Super Six event number 3 kicked off this morning with the Queensland Cup being bowled at AMF Kedron Bowl with local bowler Darren Fagg bowling his first ever 300 game.

TotalBowling will be updating live scores all weekend, as well as photos and videos from the event.

Two 300's and a 299 were the high scores of A Squad this morning during the Queensland Cup, and it was the locals who dominated the scoring.

Top qualifier Robbie Muller bowled a perfect game on his way to a 236.3 ave (+436), whilst 5th placed Darren Fagg bowled his first ever perfect game in game 1 of the tournament. Darryl Alford left a 10 pin for a 299 game on his way to 2nd place and a 230.6 average. Alford also bowled games of 278 & 290 during his 12 game block of 2767. Queensland Rachuig bowled Jon King threw the high block of the tournament so far, shooting 289-286 for a 575 block.

To get all the scores .. go to totalbowling.com.au and follow the menu to Queensland Cup 2002 Live Scores.

A BIG CONGRATS GOES TO DARREN FAGG FOR FIRST EVER 300 WELL DONE DARREN!!!!!!
ROBBIE GREAT TO SEE YOU BACK ON TRACK AFTER RACHUIG ROLL OFFS WEL DONE!!!
DARRYL YOU BEAUTIE!!! COLD 10 BAD LUCK WE KNEW YOU ARE ONE OF THE BEST YOU JUSTY HAVE TO BELEIVE IT!!!!
OF COURSE JON IS UP THERE STRUTING HIS STUFF!!!!WELL DONE JON!!!
ALSO THANKYOU TO RON FOR LOTS OF GREAT INFO LAST NIGHT!!!!! GIVES US ALL SOMETHING TO AIM FOR THANKS AGAIN
ALLI AND ROD
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

New South Welshman Ashley Clarke went to the top of the Queensland Open qualifying this afternoon shooting a 237.6 average (+451) to lead A Squad leader Robbie Muller by 15 pins. Australian FIQ bowler Andrew Frawley was the second placed bowler in B Squad (4th overall) shooting 2735 (227.9 ave). Victorian Paul Trotter bowled the tournaments second 299 game in game 8.

With one squad to go, the top 30 cut is currently +50 (204.2 ave) and the top 16 at +176 (214.7 ave). The final squad is expected to finish around 930pm local time, with the Top 30 bowlers returning for a further 6 games at 930am.

The leaderboard after B Squad stayed the same after the completion of C Squad tonight at AMF Kedron Bowl in Brisbane.

Ashley Clark remained on top with 2851 (+451, 237 ave), Robbie Muller second with 2836 (+336, 236 ave) and Darryl Alford third 2767 (+367, 230 ave). The cut for the top 30 was Brandon Qualischefski with 2503 (+103, 208ave).

Andrew Fang, the 22 year old bowler from Singapore, was top qualifier of C Squad, his 2737 (228.1 ave) enough for 4th place overall. Fang, who represented Singapore in Youth FIQ in 1999, Adult FIQ in 2000 and 2001, the 2000 World Cup and the 2001 World Bowling Masters, was happy with the way he bowled. "This is the best I have bowled since I came to Australia 3 months ago." Fang said after qualifying, "This is a tournament I want to win. I just want to come out tomorrow and do the same things as I did today. I'm not too worried about the score, as long as I can improve the number of good shots I make then I will be happy."

The top 30 will come back for Stage 2 tomorrow morning commencing at 9:45am . Bowlers checkin at 9:30am.

Overnight leader Ashley Clarke has maintained his lead after 6 games of stage 2 and 5 games of matchplay this morning at AMF Kedron Bowl in Brisbane.

Clarke, who is averaging 231.2, holds a slender lead over Andrew Fang from Singapore. Fang was 147 pins shy of Clarke after stage 2, but a string of high games from Fang (245-289-243-269-244) to start matchplay have whittled the lead down to only 39 pins. South Australian Colin Hunt is in 3rd, 135 pins shy of second.

Queenslander Tony Hamilton, who was 23rd overnight, averaged 249 for the 6 games of stage 2 this morning to jump into 7th place and a spot in the Matchplay final.

Andrew Fang, the 22 year old from Singapore, this afternoon turned on an awesome display of bowling to take out the Queensland Cup, the third event in the AMF Super Six Series of 2002.

Fang, who was in fourth place overnight, won 13 of 16 matchplay games on his way to a total winning pinfall of 8275 (231.9 ave), 95 pins in front of runner up Ashley Clark (8180, 230.0 ave). South Australian Colin Hunt was third a further 279 pins behind.

"This is the most mentally demanding tournament I have ever bowled in my life." Fang said after his win. "I have not won a tournament in over two years, and this field was very competitive, so I am extremely happy with this win. It shows that the changes that I started making almost two years ago are starting to pay off in a big way."

TotalBowling would like to congratulate Andrew on a fantastic win.

Back
Top Bottom