PBA on Foxtel

jockey

I just looked through the February Foxtel Guide and here are the listings for the scheduling of PBA events to be shown on ESPN during the month.

February 2nd Saturday 10am - 11:30am 2008 High Desert Classic
February 3rd Sunday 1am - 2:30am (Saturday 2nd Guide) 2007 Spatunburg Classic
February 5th Tuesday 5am - 6:30am (Monday 4th Guide) 2008 High Desert Classic
February 8th Friday 5am - 6:30am (Thursday 7th Guide) 2008 Earl Anthony Medford Classic
February 12th Tuesday 5am - 6:30am (Monday 11th Guide) 2008 Earl Anthony Medford Classic
February 15th Friday 1pm - 2:30pm 2008 Motel 6 Dick Weber Open
February 19th Tuesday 5am - 6:30am (Monday 18th Guide) 2008 Motel 6 Dick Weber Open
February 24th Sunday 10am - 11:30am 2008 H&R Block Tournament of Champions
February 26th Tuesday 5am - 6:30am (Monday 25th Guide) 2008 H&R Block Tournament of Champions

The interesting times are the two shown in normal sports viewers watching times on Saturday the 2nd and Sunday the 24th. Looks good for the promotion of our sport.

All the Tournaments are also on Youtube. A guy by the name "Wolfman12395" puts them up a couple of days after they have aired in the states.

Watching match 2 of the Dick Weber open right now.

It is also great that ESPN are showing them in Aus too.

Cheers

And if you sign up to XtraFrame on pba.com, you can also get a webcast of the matchplay, which as far as I'm concerned, is better than the finals show.

And no Rob Stone and his "Hambone"

They have done it to us yet again folks! Just noticed that the PBA telcasts due to start (on Fox) on Saturday have disappeared.

Not just one but for the entire month. Somehow you just had to know it was to good to be true that it would be on.

We can now all enjoy The world Strongest man Contest which is it the replacement. Yeh right!

And if you sign up to XtraFrame on pba.com, you can also get a webcast of the matchplay, which as far as I'm concerned, is better than the finals show.

And no Rob Stone and his "Hambone"
All you Foxtel customers start e-mailing them to complain about the loss of PBA. Tell them how you were really looking forward to it and how it was noted with excitement across the country.

Personally, I use PBA Xtra Frame and it's great (no ads for a start). The Round of Eight recording is often brilliant, although a bit slow sometimes. And much better value (USD5.95 / mth) than Poxtel for me as all the football, tennis, cars and cricket I can stomach is in the news each night.

Rob Stone is manufacturing himself a place in history using good old irony and stirring, that least American of comedy traits. It's straight out of "Wag the Dog". He raised my hackles every time he said "hambone!" for the first few weeks, but now I admire his tenacity and humour. He has also come along in terms of learning about the sport much faster than any commentator in recent times, so he's obviously putting some hard yards in with Randy Pedersen and the guys. I respect that and allow him his folly!:)

They have done it to us yet again folks! Just noticed that the PBA telcasts due to start (on Fox) on Saturday have disappeared.
Not just one but for the entire month. Somehow you just had to know it was to good to be true that it would be on.
We can now all enjoy The world Strongest man Contest which is it the replacement. Yeh right!

I noticed that aswell when i went to program the twenty20 tonight but i'll be at the game. It's very annoying as now if you want to watch the High Desert Classic it's now on at 5am. This is a joke. The replacement for tomorrows telecast has been replaced by Sportscenter.

Thanks for spoting that Terry. I guess five am Tuesday is better than nothing. I suppose we'll have to set up the old vcr and hope we dont get camel racing or some other 'sport' they consider more interesting than pba bowling.

Back
Top Bottom