Old Tournament Results

Grant61

Just wondering if anyone has a record of winners by years of the Brisbane Cup, Canberra Cup and Sydney Cup.

These events are not on the TBA website.

If i had my Pin Actions up here i could help, im sure someone has a pile of them handy

From memory

85 and 86 Sydney Cup-Terry Wenban

1983 Canberra Cup Brian Bridges
1984 Canberra Cup Kevin Quinn

1985 Brisbane Cup Terry Wenban
1986 Brisbane Cup Chris Batson

Grant I think the old green bowling book has a few of these results, I'll check when I get home later today.

Jane.

Sydney Cup - 74 Joe Velo 75 Eric Miles 76 Steve Mackie 77 Bruce Kennedy 78 Vic Bubniw 79 Ron Powell 80 John Sullivan 81 Eric Thompson 82 Ron Powell 84 Tom Kury

Brisbane Cup - 77 Joe Velo 78 Kevin Quinn 79 Ron Powell 80 Mal Horsley 81 Brian Bridges 82 Steve Lovell 83 Graham Smith 84 Tom Kury

Canberra Cup - 79 Joe Velo 80 Chris Batson 81 Chris Batson 82 Gary Key 83 Brian Bridges 84 Kevin Quinn

More to come soon

Sydney Cup - 85 Terry Wenban 86 Terry Wenban 87 Sydney Cup

Brisbane Cup - 85 Terry Wenban 86 Chris Batson 87 Ian Bradford

Do we need a central database of some sort to put all this stuff in? It would be nice to look up all the results of things in one central place.

1997 - Brisbane Cup Lawrie Hill (Mt Gravatt Lanes)

cheers
Carol
(yes ~ tis me)

Do we need a central database of some sort to put all this stuff in? It would be nice to look up all the results of things in one central place.

There used to be one - a lady by the name of Jan Morton had a website with a lot of very good information in regard to this.
She got a bit fed up with a perceived lack of help (from the general bowling community) in trying to gather it all together and pulled the pin on the site.
I still had the whole link saved into my favourites on my old laptop from the Wayback Internet Archive - unfortunately the said laptop went kaputski about two weeks ago and I can't remember the web address (it wasn't an obvious one).

Back
Top Bottom