Old equipment..

renta

So with all the new balls that are purchased .What happens to the old..
Our spare room has about 12 bowling balls that never get used anymore.
Now after giving lots away I am left with 12 room takers.

Ever thought where do they go !!!
A list of maybe.

1.Cut in half to make dooor stops.
2.Painted white & bolted down driveway posts.
3.Used as cannon fodder for Civil war films.

Feel free to add to list

So with all the new balls that are purchased .What happens to the old..
Our spare room has about 12 bowling balls that never get used anymore.
Now after giving lots away I am left with 12 room takers.
Ever thought where do they go !!!
A list of maybe.
1.Cut in half to make dooor stops.
2.Painted white & bolted down driveway posts.
3.Used as cannon fodder for Civil war films.
Feel free to add to list
4. Fill for holes in the ground.
5. The tip

Terry - you forgot one - taken to Latin America by Carmen Salvino and used in a revolution - well of course a stretch on the story - he was just stopped at Customs somewhere as they thought it was a bomb. Salvino and [I think my memory is right with this] Harry "Tiger" Smith told the story - I was just at the table soaking it all up - about 100 years ago now it seems.

I used to give my old gear that I couldn't get rid of to a mate for target practice in the bush.
That was pre-Port Arthur when you could reasonably easily get ahold of some pretty nasty looking firearms around here.

These days they just collect dust around the house, although I gave away 4 or 5 to my ex-partner to use for some sort of demo at her work about 6 months back.

+ Sometimes, cash converters/pawn stores will take them in for a price (maybe $10, but its something!) or,

+ Depending on how old they are, you could always saw them in half along the pin to show the core structure, then put them on display at the bowl.

Although I like the cannon fodder idea the best ;)

We have 11 of them that we weren't using any more....they make a FABULOUS garden ornament in the shape of a pyramid!!!

I've always liked the idea of using old bowling balls for landscaping. I have the yard for it.

If anyone wants to unload any old balls, I'll happily take them off your hands.

Why not give them to the disabled leagues that bowl in just about every centre on sat or sun mornings they would be so excited and happy to have a ball of there very own and i reckon the joy you see would be worth more than any amount of money

Why not give them to the disabled leagues that bowl in just about every centre on sat or sun mornings they would be so excited and happy to have a ball of there very own and i reckon the joy you see would be worth more than any amount of money

Bloody good notion!

Back
Top Bottom