News Flash: Storm Stripped of titles and premiership points!!

Being that the main instigator is the (until this morning) CEO of the Rebels, I don't see to many players running that direction too quickly!

Sorry Chris, I have no idea what you are saying there?!

But yes forfeit all point this season UNTIL they prove they have fixed the problem. What's wrong then from letting them gain points from that point on?!
Say they do fix it up within a few months, If they can come from 20 points down, with the missing players from the salary cull (or with the same players receiving a severe cut), why should they not be able to make the eight and win?!?

Might upset the inside traders who had placed bets on a storm wooden spoon, early yesterday morning!! 250 to 1 and someone place $40. Tell me they did not have an idea to what was going to happen later that day!!!!

;) wish I had someone down there give me the tip off!!!! ;)

In saying that though, I am a big Dragons fan and am worried about if an inquiry is forthcoming. The strength that the Dragons can field, with four major players out, is outstanding. How they can do that without breaching the cap is questionable. Other teams in the boat would be Brisbane (at former strength) and the Bulldogs with an eye on Penrith and Manly!

Any other suggestions?!?
(Just for fun, I am sure we will not spark a controversy here.)

NewsFlash: Tenpin bowling forum sparks inquiry that decimates the NRL!! :D

as a lover of sport in general, i want to see all sports succeed in this country

especially in melbourne seeing we claim to be the sporting capital

Rugby League needs a Melbourne based team. If the Storm fold, which could happen, I vote for MANLY to be re-located!!!

I don't think players are gonna start running elsewhere. They are still under contract and still getting paid thousands of dollars. They owe it to their fans to show up and play every week, not to mention players playing for rep spots.

As far as people thinking they should stil be able to earn points this season, if you remember the Bulldogs were caught out late in the season, were stripeed of 37 competition points and went from first to last. If they couldn't play in the finals of 2002, neither should the Storm this year.

Its also my opinion, that if the coach and players seriously did not know what was going on, they should be given their premierships back that they worked for, but not earn the prizemoney that comes with it. If they did know, they should be banned from playing Rugby League forever!!

Did anybody watch Gus Gould destroy David Gallop on the Sunday Footy Show this morning?? I felt awkward watching it. As much as I dislike the guy, he did have some valid points. If I ran a rugby league team and put in so much time, effort and money developing players like Smith, Cronk, Inglis, Folou, Slater etc etc, most of whom debuted for the Storm, I'd hate to lose them to another team or code all because of the salary cap. Thats why they did what they did. Look at Broncos. If there was no cap they'd still have all there star players, they played by the rules and now they are at the bottom of the ladder. However, rugby league needs to have the salary cap. Everybody loses!!

Did anybody watch Gus Gould destroy David Gallop on the Sunday Footy Show this morning?? I felt awkward watching it. As much as I dislike the guy, he did have some valid points. If I ran a rugby league team and put in so much time, effort and money developing players like Smith, Cronk, Inglis, Folou, Slater etc etc, most of whom debuted for the Storm, I'd hate to lose them to another team or code all because of the salary cap. Thats why they did what they did. Look at Broncos. If there was no cap they'd still have all there star players, they played by the rules and now they are at the bottom of the ladder. However, rugby league needs to have the salary cap. Everybody loses!!

Yes he had some valid points. It was typical gould though. Why hasnt he said anythign about this in the past if HE thought it was so obvious, he constantly waits for the obvious to happen then claims he knew it would happen.

The facts are that Gould doesnt know the first thing about what the storm did and gallop does. Gallpo controlled himself very well and i think came out looking much better than gould even though gould tried to make himself look like a hero.

Facts are that at this stage the storm cheated the cap that the other 15 clubs abided by.

Yes they debuted players at ages of 17-20, good for them, lots of clubs have but lots of clubs have also lost their players to stick to the rules. The storm didnt, the storm went to elaborate measures to ensure they got away with it. Brian Waldron spruiked at the 2007 forum how teams should handle the cap, and blatently did the opposite, hypocrite.

I feel sorry for the fans and any players who were innocent, its shattering for them. But Phil dont you dare try and convince me to feel anything for those who contructed and accepted the payments to allow that team to be fielded for 5 years when other clubs who have followed the rules struggled from one season to the next. My club is strugling to survive, without 6M$ payout every year from news limited. They used that money and money from sponsors to field an illegal team to allow them to have GREAT success which ultimatley allowed them more $ in sponsorships, more $ in winnings which other teams have been denied.

I dont question their talent, i dont question their coaching skills, but the reality is they were alllowed to keep players that otherwise would have had to depart for other clubs. They did it deceitfully (spelling?) knowingly and went to great lengths to hide it.

They knew the penalty and as such have to deal with it.

*rant over*

Yes he had some valid points. It was typical gould though. Why hasnt he said anythign about this in the past if HE thought it was so obvious, he constantly waits for the obvious to happen then claims he knew it would happen.

The facts are that Gould doesnt know the first thing about what the storm did and gallop does. Gallpo controlled himself very well and i think came out looking much better than gould even though gould tried to make himself look like a hero.

Facts are that at this stage the storm cheated the cap that the other 15 clubs abided by.

Yes they debuted players at ages of 17-20, good for them, lots of clubs have but lots of clubs have also lost their players to stick to the rules. The storm didnt, the storm went to elaborate measures to ensure they got away with it. Brian Waldron spruiked at the 2007 forum how teams should handle the cap, and blatently did the opposite, hypocrite.

I feel sorry for the fans and any players who were innocent, its shattering for them. But Phil dont you dare try and convince me to feel anything for those who contructed and accepted the payments to allow that team to be fielded for 5 years when other clubs who have followed the rules struggled from one season to the next. My club is strugling to survive, without 6M$ payout every year from news limited. They used that money and money from sponsors to field an illegal team to allow them to have GREAT success which ultimatley allowed them more $ in sponsorships, more $ in winnings which other teams have been denied.

I dont question their talent, i dont question their coaching skills, but the reality is they were alllowed to keep players that otherwise would have had to depart for other clubs. They did it deceitfully (spelling?) knowingly and went to great lengths to hide it.

They knew the penalty and as such have to deal with it.

*rant over*

100% correct Roy

To be honest I hope the Storm fall apart altogether and
they fold
My view is they should never have been allowed into the league
and are really 99% QLD team
Lets face it QLD are good at making rules to suit themselves, Like
Alan Langer in SOO and lets not forget Super League

News Limited Suck for what they did and do to league
and the only way Storm will survive is with the money from news limited

End of Rant, Part 2 LOL

as a lover of sport in general, i want to see all sports succeed in this country

especially in melbourne seeing we claim to be the sporting capital

and Melbourne is home of the TRUE football code in Australia and it is succeeding like it always has :)

Nothing like have $700,000 more talent on the field to make a difference huh

With Greg Inglis,Hoffma,manu Etc injured they did'nt have $700,00 more on the field today

As long as hell = Central Coast in a couple yrs, bye bye melbourne dont let the door hit your wobbly asses on the way out.

With Greg Inglis,Hoffma,manu Etc injured they did'nt have $700,00 more on the field today

Good call

Lima is leaving, so there's a chunk of cap gone... We'll see what (if any) pay cuts are made and who leaves and who stays...

But they still dominated Warriors with big names not taking the field...

Back
Top Bottom