More medals for Australia

androooo

hmmmmm......
Staff member
In a thrilling finish, Australia's duo of Brandon Qualischefski and Matt O'Brien grabbed the Silver Medal, and came up just 4 pins short of Kuwaits Basil Al Enezi and Hussain Mohhamad. The other Australian pair of Jason Belmonte and Jarrod Lean finished strongly in the 2nd part to finish 3rd and the bronze medal.

It was the first Gold medal won by Kuwaiti bowlers in Asian Zone Championships.

Qualischefski's Doubles average of 228.5 saw him shoot towards the top of the All-Events leaderboard, leaving him in 2nd place, 120 pins behind overnight leader Jason Belmonte, with Korea's Chung Seung Wan a further 44 pins back in 3rd.

In the Girls Doubles, Singapore's Valerie Teo Hui Ying, who shot a perfect 300 in the final game, and Michelle Kwang Tien Mei clinched the Gold. Malaysian pair Zandra Aziela and Choy Poh Lai finished 2nd with Nam Bo Ra and Choi Gui Hyun of Korea securing the Bronze.

Australian bowlers Clair Johnston and Jayde Flanagan finshed 5th, with Michelle Halprin and Toni Woodcock ending up 7th.

Australia's medals saw them jump to the top of the Medal Count after the doubles with 1 Gold, 1 Silver and 1 Bronze.

For scores and photos, go to http://www.abf-online.org

GOLD GOLD GOLD!!!!

If my compoota tells me right, our GIRLS AND BOYS youth team have won gold in the teams event.. Please correct me if my laptop is playing with me....

Congrats everyone!! a fine performance by all!!

Also, ALL 8 team members are in masters too.. Come everyone, lets go 1,2 & 3 in both (top 4 might be pushing it ;) ) lol

GOOD LUCK FOR THE FINAL DAYS PLAY!! BRING HOME THE GOLD KIDS!!!!!!

Martina
:D

Back
Top Bottom