Matt Watson -- 300!!!

Luke D

The Reflecting God
I would just like to say a huge congrats to Matt Watson who bowled his first ever 300 game at Fairlanes City tonight in the Monday Mixed doubles league.

After starting of with a nice 253 game, then following that up with a 205, he proceeded to crunch the pocket 12 shots out of 12 to finish with his first perfecto. Also ending up with his first ever 700 series, of 758 for the 3.

No ball ever looked like needing a second shot.

Congrats buddy. Hope to see plenty more of them soon :D:D:D

Also, I was told on Tuesday night, that Matt is only the 2nd bowler in WA to bowl a 300 while they are still a junior :D
makes the acheivement just that bit more special.

It's great to know that we'll have another regular Super Six Series bowler. Way to go Fairlanes..keep making bowlers better!

:wink:

Congrats Matt

I believe the first person to bowl a 300 as a junior was Craig Blachut at Craigie Cup (what is now Cannington Junior Cup) many, many years ago (somewhere around about 1996 or 1997)

:roll: Yeah well done Matt you are a real star.
Just in time for shield as well, also a s**@ load of congrats has got to go to Sheeds, ( Kevin Sheedy ), youve done him proud.

:eek:nfire: :bad-word:

Congratulations Matt....

Im sure Craig wasnt the first Junior to bowl a 300..... Does Jason Cordwell not have a couple out at Melville?? Im sure he did one as a junior before Craig's 1996.

Clint

Yeah i remember, Craig shot one as a junior in the old Craigie Cup.

I was told Matt was the 2nd one after Jason, but even if he isn't its still quite an achievement :D

The Real Deal said:
Congratulations Matt....

Im sure Craig wasnt the first Junior to bowl a 300..... Does Jason Cordwell not have a couple out at Melville?? Im sure he did one as a junior before Craig's 1996.

Clint

You are quite right Clint. He rolled at least one as a junior that I know of. . . not sure how many in total though.

So that would have been back in the very early 90's!!! (Now i'm showing my age!!)

:D

:scramble: :2gunfire:

Yea well just out of intrest who do you all think will be the next to bowl a 300?

Also who would the state team classify as there best bowler in the girls and the boys team?

Cya all L8a

:bad-word:

Back
Top Bottom