Matt Kanafa wins CYG Masters Gold !

D

daniel

Matt Kanafa, of Adelaide, South Australia has won the Masters Gold Medal of the Commonwealth Youth Games in Bendigo.

Representing Australia, Kanafa beat Adrian Ang of Malaysia 233-204 (437) to 192-199 (392) in the stepladder final.

Ang won the right to bowl against leading qualifier Kanafa after he defeated Sean Croke of England, 205 to 204 in the first stepladder game. Kanafa averaged 215.63 in Matchplay to easily out average all other competitors by 10 pins.

Australias other representative in the boys divison - Stephen Reynolds came 5th. Bianca Flanagan and Louise Ingoe finished 5th and 7th respectively.

The Gold Medal was Kanafa's third medal of the championship and second of the gold variety, after earlier in the week winning gold with Stephen Reynolds in the boys doubles, and taking Bronze in the All Events. Reynolds teamed up with Bianca Flanagan to take Bronze in the mixed doubles while Flanagan and Ingoe took Bronze in the girls doubles. Australia's medal tally of 5 medals (2 Gold and 3 Bronze) placed them third overall in the bowling competition behind 1st placed Malaysia (3 Gold and 5 Silver) and 2nd placed Singapore (2 Gold, 1 Silver and 2 Bronze).

Full scores from the Commonwealth Youth Games can be viewed at http://www.tenpin.org.au

=D> =D> =D> Congratulations Matt!!! You are a legend, you appeared to have bowled well that whole time. You deserve it. Well done mate!! =D> =D> =D>

Jen

Big congrates to all that competed ,especally big Matt on his gold medal and Reno Bee and Louise, you done us all proud.Good to see you bowl well, keep up the good work and all the best as you go up to the youth ranks.Kriddles dad :D :D :D Mick King

Sorry Reno going blind i me old age :D :D :D big congrates to you on your gold as well .Need to wear my glasses when on the computer.Well done mate keep up the good work and also well done to the ladies on there medals.Kriddles Dad Mick King

matt mate congrats on your huge success, we all couldn't be more prouder of you, and not to mention the rest of the team, steve louie and bianca you truely all are something amasing and an inspiration to everyone.
from the whole griggs family congrats and enjoy every moment of it all

Back
Top Bottom