LATROBE VALLEY CUP (Morwell Tenpin)

J

joel

To all,

We are looking at holding a Youth Tournament on the Australia Day long weekend (18th-20th Jan 2003) at Morwell Tenpins. Prize Money of $1500.00 guaranteed for 1st place in the scratch division and $500.00 for 1st place in the handicap division. What we need to know is are there enough bowlers out there in both Youth and Junior ranks who would be interested in bowling in this event. We are basing the tournament on 78 entries. Qualifying will be over 12 games , 6 games on the Saturday and 6 games on the Sunday , with finals bowled on Monday morning cutting to top 12 scratch scores and then top 12 handicap scores. There will be 3 squads each day based on the 78 bowlers. We can secure good cheap Motel accomodation. And for those bowlers flying in from interstate we can arrange pick at Morwell or Traralgon railway station or there will be a 2 hour drive from Tullamarine Airport. For all those females / girls there will be a 7 pin start to encourage you all to come and bowl. For further info please call Morwell Tenpins / Joe Tomasinski on 0419 326 957. If you have any suggestions or comments regarding this tournament or format please post if you would be interested in attending or call us.

Joe Tomasinski (Manager Morwell Tenpins)

On a personal note I would be more than willing to pickup and take bowlers from the airport and bring them to Morwell as i will be attending this tournament myself. I would believe that there would be others willing to do the same thing.

Joel

Hey Joel
Add another car driving down the highway with some spare seats to carry passangers along for a good long weekend's bowling.(haha and the rest)

Fuzzy :lol:

Hey Joel,
Yeah i've been talking to Joe fairly often about the tournament, and i really hope it goes ahead. He's been doing a lot of work on it. I heard it might be ranked, but there were a few troubles with it, so im not to sure whats happening there, either way i look forward to it. Its good to see people organising and putting on these types of tournamants.

Anyway i will be bowling it and encourage others to do so.

Dillan

P.s Joel you bowling warrnambool cup?? Might see you there.

Back
Top Bottom