Lane Master Lanemasters Big Bang

DaleS

I've been watching Greg Kelly using his New Standard for some time now and when I was given the option to purchase a Lanemasters/Legends ball I took it. I purchased the Lane Masters Big Bang from Gavin at Richlands and had it drilled by him as well. I've had the ball about a week - here are my first impressions.

The Big Bang has a medium load particle coverstock and like all other Legends/Lanemasters releases made up of weight block & coverstock - no fill at all. This ball came with a long pin (about 4 inches) I have it drilled with the pin over the fingers and the cg kicked out at 30 degrees. Giving me a later than normal reaction with a reasonable amount of flare for someone with my release.

Being an down & in player and being able to get the ball to roll reasonably early anyway this gives me a nice heavy rolling ball that goes that little longer that reads the midlane well and gives a solid & predictable reaction in the last 20 feet of the lane. I've found Ive been able to use this ball on a variety of conditions from medium-heavy oil through to medium/medium light oil by simply following the oil line left.

The carry from this ball is impressive and my biggest worry is what i will leave sometimes when it hits flush (as it hits so hard). The carry percentage on light/half pocket hits is fairly high as well.

If anyone is interested in a picture of the ball, please pm me.

Technical specs on the ball can be found at http://www.lanemastersbowling.com

I have been a big Visionary fan for the past 5 or so years, and that hasn't changed. However, the Lanemasters & Legends gear cant be overlooked as high quality equipment and should be considered whenever deciding on a new ball purchase.

Please call Gavin or Mel at Richlands for all enquiries about your Visionary & Lanemasters/Legends equipment.

Thanks for reading my review

Dale

Back
Top Bottom