Lane Master LaneMasters Hornet

DaleS

First of all a big thanks for Dino at Ipswich Superbowl for this piece of equipment.

I've had this ball for about 2 weeks now, so here's my early thoughts on the ball.

I'm what would loosely be called a tweener, 15-17 revs in the old scale, medium speed. My pap is 5 1/2 inches across & 1/2 inch up, axis tilt 25 - 40 degrees depending on my release at the time.

Ball Coverstock: Evolution Pearl HD (reactive) with the Buzz weight block
Ball Color: Dark Emerald
Finish: Polished

I was looking for something to play the burn with and I was not disappointed, the coverstock on this ball is designed to get the ball down the lane on the dry and thats exactly what it does. I have used this on fresh house shots (both wood & synthetic) while it works well on fresh, after a game or two when there is carrydown the ball is way too erratic. However, after 5/6 games when the track area is drying out, this is the ball to go to, it clears the heads easily gets down the lane and has a hard arc to the pocket. It has the typical Lanemasters 'wierd' carry, in that it carries more light hits than anything else I own (except my Buzz maybe).

It doesn't seem to have the standard dry lane ball snap off the dry, just a nice hard arc. I've played everywhere from thru 15 to up 5 with this ball, and apart from having issues with carrydown (and I must stress this is not what the ball is designed for), I have no complaints. You cant sue Lanemasters for false advertising on this one, its for the burn, and thats where it excels. Caveat - make sure that you wipe the ball after every shot, Lanemasters recommend a microfibre towel due to the surface of this ball oil is not absorbed as quickly as other coverstocks.

If you're looking for a ball to play the burn, please consider the 'Green' Hornet and call Dino at Ipswich Superbowl for more information you wont be dissappointed.

I bowled my 2nd 300 with this ball on dry lanes, The ball gets trough the heads with ease and makes a small turn but hits with lots of energy. Anyone who likes bowling from the outside will love this ball.

I bought my hornet 2 days ago for a country challenge round in a center renowned for dry lanes.

I got mine drilled 5 inch, with CG in center of grip. I bowl a slow / medium shot with medium / medium-high revs, PAP of 5 inch across, 1/8th up.

We don't lay a THS, but more a heavier crown which usually has a dry edge of about 4.5 to 5 boards on the right, 35 ft oil buff to 42 ft. (but not for the last week or so as we ran out of our lane wash & are waiting on some from dino whom had to order some into the country) So our current condition is just crap, gluey, etc.

I haven't got to test this baby properly yet, but I can already feel its power at the pins, as per any L/LM ball I have. I can definitely see my self using this ball off the edge. I generally play anywhere from 12 to 17 with my other gear, but this ball has given me more options that I really need.
I just really wanted the pin carry with a ball I can use on dry. People just say "use your plastic", but with the Hornet, I know I can bowl confidently on dry knowing that I'm not about to leave a soft 10 or 7 pin, which usually comes hand in hand with using plastics.
In all, The Hornet is for burn areas, & burn areas only. If you're after a ball that is going to actually carry after rolling through the Sahara, this ball is what you are looking for.

Back
Top Bottom