Junior Sydney Cup

G

Game_On

icon_smile.gif
Hey i would just like to congratulate all the junior's who bowled in the junior sydney cup and special congrat's go to the winners Sally Kerr and Chris Slattery. Well done to Chris Slattery on his 290 defeating Matt O'Brien's 266 aswell. Bad luck to all the juniors who couldnt make it due to the ansett collapse.

icon_cool.gif
Dan
icon_cool.gif

what the........

i mean what a fansastic effort from chris slattery to come from about 7th or 8th position in matchplay with 3 games to go, then blow the house apart to come from 5th in the stepladder and win the tournament...........
no matter what the conditions, that is brilliant....
congrats to sally. its always a hard task to beat tam when she's on fire.
well done to all who made the effort to compete......
cheers to the redcliffe bowlers who cut....

congratulations once again on a great effort graham. your coverage of the junior sydney cup was great and keeps the rest of the country up to date. one request though, could you update after every game (only kidding).
Thanks again

[*]null

Congratulations Sally. We have been keeping an eye on the scores all day.
Everyone at home are so proud of you.
I bet your mum and dad are bouncing off the walls at home.
Love Amanda, Mick, Kai, Elva & Ron.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Sorry in my excitement I forgot to thank Graham for the awesome coverage!! Thanx Dude it was great and it kept me awake in english this morning
icon_wink.gif

Later All!
icon_smile.gif

Thanks Michael and Amanda and everyone else.

Bouncing off the walls hardly describes the way we are feeling at the moment.

We feel so proud of Sall's achievements. She just keeps on surprising us.

I couldn't watch the last game and had to stand three sets of lanes away from her, but Warren was there behind her all the way.

The quality of bowling from all the Juniors over the whole weekend was amazing, despite what other people say they had to all bowl on the same conditions, why does there have to be people that will "bag" conditions no matter what?

Whether conditions are "easy" or "hard" its how you throw the ball and hit the pins that ultimately gives you your score. Just my views.

Once again thanks Amanda and Micheal for your kind words!

icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

ok i would just like to congratulate everyone who bowled sydney cup this weekend. it was great to watch and the scoring was huge. big congrats to sally and chris ya both deserved it!
i would especially like to say well done to chris. to come back the way he did and go right thru to winning it, all ur hard work is paying off! keep it up. u have gone along way this year and r gonna continue to go along way.

It is pretty easy to be a critic on lane conditions when you are not even here. These juniors bowled to the conditions and bowled quite well. Not everyone shot a 200+ average, and bowling 16 games in match play sorts the bowlers out.

Congratulations to you Sally. You work hard and you deserve it. Shaz pretty much sat at the computer all day waiting for the updates, and she gets great joy seeing you acheive your dreams and goals. You truly are a pleasure to coach.

Congrats to all bowlers.

People got excited if you averaged 190 when i was a junior. These kids can throw it a bit better than a lot of us guys could throw our U-dots and Phantoms back then though, good stuff.

Well Sall what can I say but you out classed them all so congrats from all of us here
icon_biggrin.gif
and I know I will be seeing a lot more of you in the winners circle
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
Im so glad that you have added yourself to the list of great bowlers from Northern NSW and Maitland.
From J,M and J.E

hey sal

well what can i say other then a massive WELL DONE!.
sorry i wasnt there to see it ...but mum wanted to get away early.well congratulations again and il see ya soon.
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks to Graham for the coverage of Sydney Cup, my only complaint was that I wasnt home to watch it
icon_wink.gif
I think a big thanks should also go out to Doc Kee, not only for all his great work, but also for bringing Graham down to cover the event.
Btw, any Tournament director that's received an emailed entry form from me would know I'm renowned for "brown-nosing", so in true fashion, Graham I think you are one funky dude
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

I would like ti congeadulate sally and slat's on their wins , belmo maye what can i say ............. ah well good luck to both of you's in the future .

ok. now its my turn..
sal n slats ur absolute champions!!! well done on a fantastic effort!! =)
like raggedy said.. sorry we werent there 2 c it (or rather, bowl it). it sounded like a great day of bowling. congrats 2 belmo n matty-o n tammy n jayde also. n every1 else that made the cut =)
and a special thanx 2 graham and doc on their amazing efforts 2 promote junior bowling in australia =)

there seems 2 b some division (as there always is) on the conditions.. lol! i thought they were a little 2 easy (not taking anything away from wot was achieved on the weekend).
icon_rolleyes.gif
and yeh sometimes it can make u think that you r bowling better than u actually r. and get the egos goin a bit. mayb if we bowled on the same conditions as overseas we mite do better over there?
i dunno... just a thought. please dont take offence either.
cyas
icon_biggrin.gif

Scotti.......

made this one hurt more than last year hahahahaha........so close and yet so far..... but i guess thats how the ball rolls ( excuse the pun)
well done on everyone who went, 100 plus entrents makes these kind of tournies awesome!......
G mate ur site out did its self again
to all the Syd boys who came and who i partied with allllll weekend.

and most important Doc Ed. With out him im just another JNR

That there was my last tornie as a tourni as aJNR......Good luck to everyone able to bowl JNRS next year and the year after

peace im out of here

After watching and hearing about the scores from the weekend, it makes me wish I was there. Congrats to Chris and Sally, tremendous efforts after soooo many games. Its not always easy to stay on top after such a long and tough weekend.

As for those who keep bagging lane conditions, you've got to be joking. As I said, I wasn't actually there on the weekend, but in my opinion, I don't care how easy or tough the lanes are, everyone still has to bowl on the same condition for the entire weekend. So put up, or shut up!!!

Once again, congrats to the 2 winners, and all the other competitors, parents, supporters, staff at AMF Bankstown, and the tournament directors. Without any of the above, junior tournaments such as the Sydney Cup and others would not be at all possible, and for that I'm sure we as juniors are all too grateful for. Thank you !!
icon_smile.gif

Lambo

Congratulations to all 110 competitors of this years junior Sydney Cup. It was an awesome tournie with good conditions and great sportsmanship.

Congratulations to Sally and Chris, you both bowled brilliant to come from a fair way down the field to come through and win. Also congratulations to Jayde and Tammy, Matt and Belmo on some excellent bowling.

Also thank you to Graham for great coverage of the tournament and ot Doc Kee for helping Graham to get there and for running such a successful tournament. Thanks also goes out to all the staff at Bankstown Bowl.

I am sorry if I have forgotten to thank or congratulate anyone, it isnt intentional. So here is a big THANKS & CONGRATULATIONS to everyone invloved.

icon_biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom