Innisfail Ladies Tournament?????

MJ

Melissa Rogers
Hey,
just wondering if anyone knows about this tourny??? Does anyone know how many entries there is for it??

Thanks

Innisfail Ladies Open

Melissa,
Only 13 paid entries have been received for the Innisfail Ladies Open - very disappointing considering the entry fee is only $135 for 16 games, a bargain by any standards.
!st place $800, 2nd place $500, 3rd place $400 and pays to 12th place at $150.
For those who have never visited this beautiful part of the world, right next to the Great Barrier Reef, Innisfail is only 1 hour south of Cairns.

For info, call me today on 0740 611 300, (or tomorrow after 2pm) or email [email protected]
Thanks

Georgina

Just letting you know that both Jnr girls and Adult ladies may enter this comp...Sorry i cant because i'm still not well enough...I have Glandular Fever and Ross River...I had to pull out of the K & K Classic last weekend because of it...So I will be out of comps for awhile...DAMN IT

Hi Jessica,
Sorry to hear that you are still unwell. I'd love to see you bowl another 300 here at Innisfail.
The tournament is open to female bowlers (junior and adult) and is on Saturday 30th April and Sunday 1st May. Squad "A" checks in at 12.30pm on Saturday and bowls 8 games, then on Sunday "A" squad checks in at 11.45am and bowls 8 games. "B" squad checks-in at 3.30pm on Saturday and bowls 8 games, then on Sunday they check-in at 8.45am and bowl their 8 games. Highest total scratch pinfall wins.

I received 2 more paid entries tonight, so hopefully some more females will have a go.

So you have a total of 15, really, i hope that heaps of people realise what a great tournament this could be and put their entry in. I'm really hoping this tournament goes ahead *fingers crossed*, cause there is no real tournament for ladies/girls in NQ. So i hope everyone supports this. I know i'll be there if it all goes ahead.

Innisfail Ladies Open

Unfortunately, due to lack of support, the Innisfail Ladies Open scheduled for the May Day weekend has been cancelled. 17 paid deposits was not enough to run the tournament worth $3715. All the people concerned have been personally notified.
Our sincere thanks to those who had sent their nominations. All monies are being returned.

Georgie and John

I'm so sorry to hear about the tournament being cancelled.
What a shame, there are so many female bowlers in the North crying out for a ladies tournament and so few to support it :roll:

Kerri

I agree with Thumpa - shame we had not heard of it down south!!! There were discussions re being able to come up if we had known earlier - no good putting posts on the forum about the time it is cancelled.....sorry but we REALLY were disappointed as WE DOWN SOUTH don't get many opportunities to bowl in Women only tourns. either - maybe a separate ladies division could be incorporated into a tourn UP NORTH as we have tried to do in the K & K Classics - worth having a think about as it does give couples a chance to attend a fun weekend together.....we don't mind travelling either!!!!!!!

Flower

Any chance of a postponement rather than cancelling? If we can drum up enough numbers is there any chance of holding it at a later date? As long as all that say they are interested are prepared to follow through and pay deposits of course!

Innisfail Ladies Open

Thanks Mary and Lana,
We could look at a date further down the track when NQ Championships, Inter City Shield are finished. Bowlers costs for Nationals, Rachuig and De Veer, plus participation in already established tournaments have to be looked at. This long weekend was chosen with a lot of these things in mind, and making sure that we did not clash with the Far North calendar.
Mary, I know you run terrific tournaments, well done, and thanks for your suggestion. We will certainly look at that option.

If that option was looked at and it didnt clash with anything from the far nort calendar and mine, I would look at coming up to it from Kingaroy.

Back
Top Bottom