HVO Summit Problem

Just wondering if anyone could help me with a weird problem occuring with our HVO Summit.

We have a 12 lane centre and everytime we oil the lanes the machine does not go to the end of the deck on lanes 1 & 11. Leaving Cleaning fluid over the decks on these lanes. But works perfectly on the other 10 lanes.

For the life of me i cannot figure out why the machine does this.

Has anyone ever had a similar problem.

Is it a machine problem or a lane problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Frank Nucifora

Does it stop before the Headpin or the Tailplank at the end of the Pindeck?

When it stops, does it return to the Foul Line, does it error, or does it continue on with the program going to Pass 1 Reverse?

Check that you have the Stripping Cleaner Pad Distance set to 61.5 feet.

Considering that it works OK on 10 lanes and not the other 2, you would have to think it is something with the Lane(s) and not the actual machine.

Maybe it is catching on something blocking its path or the "Reversing Trip Arm" microswitch is slightly out of adjustment causing it to activate when it is not supposed to.

Have a look here at the Manual (if you dont have it of course) and go to the trouble shooting section. Problems 1 & 2 are very similar to your issue.

http://www.amfproducts.com/techs/manuals/240-VO1.PDF

Say gday to Sam for me to.

Cheers

Thanks for your reply Hayden

The machine stops before the headpin and then starts it's reverse pass 1.

No Errors.

It is the strangest thing i've seen.

Frank

sounds like your gutter depths are too high on certain lanes, causing the machine to skid instead of roll, and likewise affecting the distance the machine travels

1/4 below the lane surface is a safe place to have your gutters set at

Frank it's your pindeck, it's too low at the front, this causes the Machine to reverse because it thinks it has hit the end of the lane(Micro Switch at the front of Machine).

Either lift the front of your Pindeck or adjust the Micro to allow for the Drop, I have seen this before it also coincides with a lot of OOR's.

Frank

Thanks guys angelo and I put our heads together and found that the reverse trip arm (microswitch) is a little loose. We will adjust it and go from there.

Thanks for the replies

Frank

Back
Top Bottom