HOW UNLUCKY?????

The Reggae

Well after two pretty unlucky stories circulating our family, I got to thinking....

HOW UNLUCKY HAS EVERYBODY ELSE BEEN?

Obviously these are trivial incidents and honestly we realise how lucky we really are as we all could have things much worse. In deed there are many people doing it tough for many reasons and this is only meant to be a little bit of light humour.

So this is how the story goes......
It was my birthday on June 18 and I had my eldest son Khynan home from school sick. I took him to the Doctor and as we were leaving a guy reversed straight into the back of our car :ranting3:. I had completed my reversing maneuver and had the car in drive ready to exit the complex when we heard the BANG. So almost $2500.00 later and not to mention the morning of my birthday, I am driving around with a big dent in the back of the car that I am convinced people must be thinking is my fault. Luckily our Doctor was heading out for his lunch break and saw the whole accident and informed the insurance company and I've been deemed not at fault. The car gets fixed next week (finally after getting witness statements etc) and I don't have an excess or risk my no claim bonus. So it all worked out in the end :)

Secondly,

Dad has recently bought a new boat (which of course is his pride and joy). With buying a new boat comes the "troublesome" task (or so Dad will have you believe) of replacing all the bits and pieces in the boat (secretly he's LOVING replacing everything). So off he goes to BCF (Boating Camping Fishing) and buys not one but TWO brand new rods and reels which he can't wait to try out. Over the weekend he finally gets to give the rods their maiden voyage and can't decide which rod to try first. So he tries them both at once! One is in his hand and one is leaning against the edge of the boat. You guessed it.....Along comes a fish and bye bye Dad's brand new (over $300.00 worth) of rod and reel. The funny part of the story is that he was so determined to get this rod back that he spent the next 4 hours casting and reeling in with the other rod, trying to catch the sunken rod. Eventually as he was just about to give up, go home and return in the morning at low tide, he caught the rod :fishing1:

Isn't there a great adage that goes something like "persistence pays off", Leon? I definitely wouldn't have the patience to do what you did.

And Rachel, what bad luck! I'm sure everyone would've been thinking the same thing...'bloody women drivers'.

Isn't that the second time you've bent your car? Might have to get you into riding bikes if your run of luck continues.

Isn't that the second time you've bent your car?

Smart arse, that technically wasn't my fault :p
But actually, it's the 3rd time - if you include when I ran into Dad and Mum's house :oops: I was in a hurry to drop Shontay and Khynan off and didn't park the car properly. So, clearly you can see that I've just had a run of bad luck/mishaps!

Worst thing is, I'd just redeemed myself when that moron hit me (and through no fault of my own) I don't think I've got much chance of Brad buying me a new car :sad1: Maybe you could put in a good word for me :kicking:

Back
Top Bottom