How Far Is A Game?

Maybe I should get my brother in law to read this post, he doesn't concider bowling a sport and only lazy fat people do it. His words not mine, in fact I dared him to bowl 6 games straight and not feel tired. I doubt he'd last 3.

Give this to your brother in law.

The winner, and stepladder finalists in the Australian Open, on a conservative estimate will:-

Walk 9 Klm.

For half that ( 4.5 Klm ) lift and carry 3.5 Tonnes.

and, additionally,

Then throw that 3.5 Tonnes another 9 Klm.

In about 10 hours.

That's conservative, it could be as far as 12 Klm.

Maybe I should get my brother in law to read this post, he doesn't concider bowling a sport and only lazy fat people do it. His words not mine, in fact I dared him to bowl 6 games straight and not feel tired. I doubt he'd last 3.

LAZY??? Holy hell. If it was a lazy sport I'd be bowling every day. Lack of fitness has cost me good placings in tournaments because of poor final blocks due to fatigue. My best crash was the Perh Cup mid 90s. 7th place going into the final block and threw 324/2 and dropped to equal 29th lol. I just didn't have any energy left.

Actually, I recall that one of the Asian Countries, sometime in the mid to late '90s, published a study that was done, which rated many sports for the energy expended. Must have seen it in some tenpin info / publication, and it rated bowling (fairly obviously competition level in all the sports ) as following tennis and in front of golf.

Anyone else see that and / or know where it was published?

Hey Jim,

I remember a study done back in the 70's were it was shown that a 200 average over 16 games qualifying with a 16lb ball was 1000kg on average lifted with your two bowling fingers.

That was just the delivery phase, not the carrying of the lump of rubber to the foul line.

Yep, this is no a sport at all!

Back
Top Bottom