Grand Final Results

bfcc

hi all , today was the grand final of the totalbowling sport series it was bowled on one of the toughest patterns we could lay and with a brand new set of pins put in this morning.

the top 5 from today
1st lawrie hill 1957
2nd sean majanovic 1897
3rd george frilingos 1874
4th tony hamilton 1866
5th carl bottomley 1857

we payed down to 13th place john whillians 1767
well done to lawrie for a great win on a tough condition , he bowled very well all day after bowling 18 games yesterday. and to sean who also played 18 games yesterday then had to drink all night with dwambo :lol: :lol: :lol:

the overall series ponits top 5
1st carl bottomley 493
2nd george frilingos 492
3rd tony hamilton 489
4th andrew drew 473
5th lawrie hill 472

the overall points went right down to the final game with carl coming out on top , well done carl for a great year also to george and tony who both have bowled well all year and made for a great year.

to all the people who have tried sport bowling this year i hope you have enjoyed the experience and have learned more about the game and more about your game.thank you to all the helpers this year for making the series run so well .

As a bowler and a supporter of this years Sports Series tournaments I would like to thank a few people who not only made this series possible, but ensured it's success and future for 2003.

BFCC- I'm sure I speak on behalf of all the bowlers when I say " Well done!" You spent countless hours organising this series, programming those bloody patterns into the Kegle, shirts, scores you name it. Well done big guy, just make sure that last pattern is deleted from the machine :D

BEAN (Dave Hardy's better half) - thanks for doing the brackets and looking after the money. I've got some L'Oreal products for you!

PILKO - thanks for doing the scores and letting us use your laptop for most of the series. It certainly makes Jeff's job easier and it was good to get the updates fast and accurately whislt we were bowling.

BATESY - thanks for letting us use your $50000 machine and letting BFCC program foreign patterns into it. I think over the course of the year we have learnt a whole lot more about the machine and it's capabilities. Thanks for allowing the good game rates as well. With out your support and assistance we wouldn't have anywhere to bowl. Also Lyndal says thanks for the $300 you threw in for the perfect game :)

ALLEY's ASPHALT - Thanks for the sponsorship of the series. It would have been nice to meet you in person and buy you a beer, maybe next time. Without sponsors we would all be playing for peanuts!

BRANDOS PRO SHOP - TRACK Inc - HAMMER - Thanks to Brando and the relevant companies for their support.

DREWY - Thanks for sponsoring the event with that nice car CD player. Sean will appreciate it a little more than the rest of us.

STAFF AT CABOOLTURE - thanks for putting up with us bowlers for the year. High average bowlers make up about 5% of the bowling fraternity and cause 95% of the problems. You deserve a bonus!

BOWLERS - If you are serious about the game and live within a close distance of Brisbane, you need to be bowling these events! This is the only true test of ones abilities in finding out how good you really are. Skill, accuracy, speed control, and much more really come back into the sport which makes these patterns so challenging. I've learnt heaps and have improved tournament by tournament. Give one a go next year, learn from your performance, take out the positives and negatives, strive to do better. You'll improve every aspect of your bowling and might even have some fun on the way.

G

Well said george. I to would like to thank everyone involved in the 2002 Sport Series as well and also to the other sponsors who chipped in something little to add to a great series.
Congrats to Carl on Bowler of the Year, and to George on a fine series and the first 300 on a sports pattern in australia.
Hamo

Ditto

I would just like to say I concur fully with George. (which I dont say often) but on this occasion he's spot on.

All you guys involved were just marvelous and the only one George forgot was whoever did the brackets. While I didn't partake, they are a great idea for anyone who wants them.

I must say even though I bowled lower scores on the 2nd pattern that the final pattern was the toughest I have ever played on.

I cant remember feeling like I've bowled reasonable and only averaged 185. Especially when I only missed a couple of spares. That being said I firmly believe that bowling on that can only make you better. (Either better or retire one of the two)

Anyonw well done and I hope the series goes from strength to strength and I'll certainly be back.

Thanks one and all
Carl

I too would just like to say thanks to Jeff, Brian and the staff at Caboolture for a fantastic first year of the Sports Series. Also of coarse thanks has to go to all the sponsors - Totalbowling, Alley Ashphalt, Brando, George and Lawrie for organising the balls and anyone else I have accidently missed. Thanks also to Dwambo and his helpers in the running of the brackets.(I'd be lost without them) and to Pilko for his computer updates and all. It was great to be kept informed asap while we were bowling. Oh yeah... thanks to Drewy for giving away a Car CD player as an encouragement award. (which I was very happy to accept) :wink: :D

After seeing how successful this first year has been it can only continue in leaps and bounds. It was great to be part of it and made the traveling all worth while. I will be back next year for sure and I encourage anyone else who have not yet bowled in the series to give it a go next year. Fees are cheap as cheap gets and it really is the best indication on how your skills are going in the game. (specially with the new pins) :wink:

If there is anyone on the Gold Coast that would like to bowl in next years season, whether your a Junior or Adult bowler, I would be happy to give you a lift up to them and back and introduce you to all the guys. Great bunch of blokes to bowl with and any new bowls are always made welcome.

Till next year.......GREAT SEASON AND CAN"T WAIT FOR THE NEXT!

Well done to Carl also for taking out The Bowler of the Year for 2002!

When I get a spare second I will say my thanks to everyone ..

For the moment here is the final results :

http://www.totalbowling.com.au/live/sportsseries/sportsseriesfinal.xls

SPORTS SERIES 6
Ave Total Pinfall
Position Name
1 Lawrie Hill 195.7 1957
2 Sean Majanovic 189.7 1897
3 George Frilingos 187.4 1874
4 Tony Hamilton 186.6 1866
5 Carl Bottomley 185.7 1857
6 Andrew Drew 182.4 1824
7 Daryl Alford 182.4 1824
8 Nev Castle 181.9 1819
9 Jim Hannah 179.5 1795
10 Vaughan White 179 1790
11 Dave Hardy 178.2 1782
12 Jagga Morgan 177.3 1773
13 John Whillans 176.7 1767
14 Brandon Qualischefski 176.5 1765
15 Brendan Heathwood 176.4 1764
16 Dwayne Szklarczyk 174.5 1745
17 Gary Bernardin 173.8 1738
18 Mick Homes 173.4 1734
19 Bruce Doig 172.6 1726
20 Brian Pilkington 166.8 1668
21 Graham Williams 165.5 1655
22 Brian Bates 165.1 1651
23 Matt Thomas 164.3 1643
24 Andrew Hill 158.4 1584
25 Wazza Qualischefski 156.9 1569
26 Jason Bates 153.5 1535
27 Gerrald Cox 148.3 1483

AND THE OVERALL RESULTS
Position Name Best 5
1 Carl Bottomley 493
2 George Frilingos 492
3 Tony Hamilton 489
4 Andrew Drew 473
5 Lawrie Hill 472
6 Sean Majanovic 469
7 Darryl Alford 461
8 Jagga Morgan 459
9 Brandon Qualischefski 452
10 Brendan Heathwood 450
11 Brian Pilkington 448
12 Gary Bernardin 443
13 Vaughan White 442
14 Dave Hardy 441
15 Dwayne Szklarczyk 438
16 John Whillans 432
17 Jim Hannah 421
18 Andrew Hill 401
19 Gerald Cox 389
20 Nev Castle 365
21 Mark Scott 354
22 Matthew Thomas 331
23 Jeff Brigg 326
24 Brian Bates 321
25 Jim Cross 318
26 Peter Brierley 246
27 Alex Winch 242
28 Harley Trevaskis 174
29 Joe Gatt 174
30 Warren Qualischefski 161
31 Chris Quaill 157
32 Bruce Doig 155
33 Andrew Christopher 145
34 Scott Sadler 93
35 Joel Lovegrove 90
36 Dale Stewart 89
37 Matthew Smith 85
38 Drew Russell 83
39 Mick Homes 83
40 Steve Hampson 82
41 Brendan Hanton 80
42 Graham Williams 80
43 Adam Lack 78
44 Ben Coupland 76
45 Jason Bates 75
46 David lloyd 72

Thanks to everyone who made this series possible, I am not going rename everyone listed in the postings above, you know who you are. I must say that is one of the toughest conditions I have played on.

I don't bowl the sports condition necessarily to win, I bowl it to do something different from the standard house pattern. The tournys this year have been the most mentally challenging i have ever bowled on and I guess what doesnt kill you makes you stronger. Neverless it has been heaps and heaps of fun and that is what bowling is all about to me.

Thanks everyone who bowled and whilst I won't be a permanant member of the series next year, I guess I'll see most of you round the traps from time to time.

Gday All,
Firstly well done and thanks to all the guys that bowled in the series.
Well done to Jeff...Thanks to Bean...Thanks to Brian and staff at Caboolture.
This was a good first year and hopefully it will recieve more support next year.

UNTIL NEXT YEAR...........CHOW :lol: :lol:

Hi Guys
I was just wondering if these tournaments are just for the males or will you have females bowl in 2003
Thanks for your time. :lol: :roll:

Hi Shellstar, the tournaments are for everyone. It would be great to see more and more females and juniors next year. The costs are cheap and if you bowl well for the day then you are rewarded usually. Give the first one a go next year and see what you think. I'm sure you will be impressed. Contact Jeff or maybe Brian at the bowl for more info. I'm sure everyone would make you feel welcome and its a true test of your skill. What more could you ask for? :lol:

Hey Jeff, how about giving the women 8 pins a game start, not only might you grab a few bowlers but it could really throw a cat amongst the pidgeons on those tougher patterns. Let's hope Kelly Warren, Jayde Flanagan and the other well establihed girls in QLD don't hear of this!

G

yeah great idea george and lets give anyone over 45 8 pins and any youth bowler 8 pins and any one legged irish men 8 pins :x :x :x there is plenty of talent out there in the female and junior ranks that can compete in any tournament with out getting start and how would you tell the guys that supported the tour this year that never got anything out of it that the women will be 80 pins in front before a ball is bowled!!!!! 80 pins on the conditions we will be using is a huge advantage .

i have allways said that the totalbowling sport series is open to all bowlers and would love to see the top line women and youth bowlers show up and try sport bowling but that is up to them and i don't think handing out pins start will benefit anyone or the series itself.

so if you think you can bowl step to the challenge and test your skill!! 8) 8)

Hey Graham, I know your a very busy man and I can appreciate that, but are you organising any of those photos from the final to be posted? Just curious.

Now that I can login again!

Thanks to BFCC,Batesy,Dwambo,Bean,Sarah,Noel,SPONSORS and the mechanics/counter staff for organising,testing,ensuring a great series.Even though i bowled fairly poorly for most of them,bowling on SPORTS PATTERNS is the way bowling in this country should be done.They provide a challenge to all levels/types of bowlers.It is just a shame that only one junior(that i know of) participated in the series.

Hopefully a few more of them will have the fortitude to give the Sports series a go next year!!!!!!!!!!Well done also to Carl for prevailing by one point to win the series.George Frilingos the first bowler to achieve perfection on a sports pattern (in Australia),I hope that one is on the top of your list as best achievement so far.Hamo "Mister Consistency",Top FIVE for each tournament.

Lastly to all the idiots out there that think they can bowl, all i can say is"PUT UP OR SHUT UP".

Till next time
Tryhard

Back
Top Bottom