Graded Series Chirnside Park Aug 26th

wfs

Hi eveyone
The 3rd event in the new Graded Series is happening this month.
Sunday 26th August at Chirnside Park (new home of the Melbourne Cup).
**This is for ALL average of bowlers.

**entry form attached**
To enter just post here on TB.

Attachments

• Graded trn Series 2012.pdf
    372.2 KB · Views: 44
Yes. At this stage please be aware that with the minimal entries so far, this event may not go ahead. Will keep you posted.
Thanks

THIS EVENT IS CANCELLED DUT TO LACK OF NUMBERS.
Apologies to all.
Next scheduled one will be in November. Will touch base closer to this date.
Thanks
Warren

Well thats disappointing, second tournament in a row for you Melbournites that I have put my name down to come and bowl only to have it cancelled. It makes it hard to commit to giving these sort of smaller events a go, as only having a limited amount of time off us country folk have to weigh up between these and regular sports series/major events such as Melb Cup, Aus open ect. Like I said, Disappointing, and especially for the organisers who put alot of time and effort to getting such thing running, come on bowlers, you want the events in Melbourne now bloody support them, or I will ask that we get one into the country!

jason the problem with this one is that a lot that might have bowled have emerson duties in shepparaton..

Agreed, yet there must be at least 20-30 bowlers within the population of Melbourne and its surrounds that would not be at either event, at the end of the day its aimed at all averages of bowler, not just high end, which would be the caliber of most bowlers at the other two events. And its the middle tier bowlers that are mostly saying they dont have much to bowl in because they arent good enought to compete with the high end bowlers.
Like I said just disappointing as I organise my time around just 1 event per month, which gets harder soon because of cricket season (training starts this sunday!)

Agree. This tournament is ideal for bowlers of all capabilities. Stunned that so few are willing to compete. Great opportunity for bowlers to win an event - something that only the minority (in the grand scheme of things) are able to do.

You see a lot of bowlers complain about the lack of tournaments for them, then you give it to them. So where are they?

warren is the november event going ahead?
i have the date as 4th which i know is cup weekend but haven't seen anything

Well said Jason

Warren out of curiosity what is the min number you would need to run a tournament like this

Preferably up to 30. 20 would be a bare minimum. Having said that I've run events with less. To make it worthwhile for everyone, 20-30 is the number.

Back
Top Bottom