Final Results - SA State Championships and Masters (Adult)

JoSpencer

Attached is the final results of the 2006 SA Adult State Championships and Open Masters.

All prize payouts have now been finalised.

Apologies for the delay in finalising these however some bowlers did not provide all the relevant details which needed to be verified before the payouts were completed.

Regards

Jo Babic

State Chanmpioship - Do we need them?
Certainly there is a lack of support for this kind of event, and even I and many others from the past use to say.....oh great state titles coming up, but we bowled in them, probably because we had to.
Would be interesting to see total entries now compared to say 10 , 15 years ago?
No "Open Mens team" bowled? Didnt the mens rachuig bowl ?
If we don't have a Mens open team then who the hell are we sending away?
Yours Truly
Tony Stoppel
P.S. Jo, good to see all the result etc ...communication is continuing on the web.
(But you know also I believe in "freedom of speech" whether it be good or bad, I still would like the gagging invisible rules stopped, because if bowlers are prepared to pay all that money why shouldn't they have a open opinion whether it be on the web, email, in person etc.....)
I have looked at all the entry form and rule books, and just cant seem to pin down this Gagging rule.. Can you please tell me where to find it..!

Tony

State Championships is one thing we (TBA SA) are aiming to grow over the next few years, I agree with your comments. Hopefully things will improve in years to come.

Next year a few changes are already being planned including the following:

date change, reduced entry fees (by as much as we can), combining all state "masters" with the championships (State Masters, Restricted Cup, Seniors Cup etc), there are also a few other things on the table being discussed at present also. Watch this space!!!

As for "gagging", this is your interpretation of certain situations, however all bowlers are subject to the TBA Code of ethics which clearly includes making posts and comments on "electronic mediums" as being unacceptable.

If bowlers would like to express their views and opinions they are most welcome, however there is always a time and a place for doing so, in other words, it would be expected that if a bowler has a view or opinion they should be speaking or writing directly to the people concerned rather than create something that may end up being bigger than it needs to be by posting on a public forum.

You know from questions you personally have asked that I am more than prepared to provide an answer. You also know I am not prepared to get into a public debate on a world wide website. (This response excluded :rolleyes: )

The "new" TBA SA has a definite goal and policy that we will be totally transparent, we welcome any questions, feedback and requests as long as they are sent to us in the right manner.

In closing "Trust is a must", sit tight and enjoy the ride, hopefully by the end of the journey there will be many things along the way that bowlers will see have changed for the better. Rome wasn't built in a day!:)

Regards

Jo

Jo,
I like your attitude on change and I hope that I am still bowling competitively when these changes come about.
I agree, people dont always follow the correct channels when making complaints but from previous experience, complaining to the right doen'st make any difference what so ever, it's always the small group of people who think they know the best for every-one else without even asking.
As for "gagging", this is your interpretation of certain situations, however all bowlers are subject to the TBA Code of ethics which clearly includes making posts and comments on "electronic mediums" as being unacceptable.
As far as the so called TBA Code of Ethics clearly "Gagging" anyone who wishes to make posts to me is "WRONG" and maybe also to others as well.
They should rethink this type of rule.
People are ALWAYS entitled to their own opinion whether it be good or bad.
Considering how much money and time "us" the bowler put in towards bowling rachuig (and we wouldn't be prepared to do this if we didn't want to do it) TBA place alot of restrictions and rules on "us" if we make the team.
TBA have done nothing for "me" to get "me" to that point of being in the team with the exception of taking my $15 dollar membership fees and Entry into not only the rachuig trials but having to bowl in other events as well.
Once again this is my own opinion and I do respect what you are trying to do of late.
Cheers
Tony

Back
Top Bottom