East coast.....Thankyou

renta

I would like to thank all members of the vic team & all support staff .
Everyone did a fantastic job all week.
This Challenge would never get off the ground if it wasn't for the oganizers & support staff who give their time freely ..These people are the unsung hero's & are worth their weight in gold...

The event is a years worth of time putting it together & really must be very frustrating at times.......Congrats & thankyou .

The Vic team !!! What can I say apart from you should be proud of the efforts & success acheived this year.
To all the managers & captains a wonderful job was done by all .. The faith & work you guys do is amazing ...I thankyou gals & guys.

I had a great time this whole week & saw some outstanding bowling from all the sides .I really have made some good friends over the last 2 years ...
The competion is one thing but the social side is just as much fun ...
To Qld & N.S.W I hope you enjoyed yourselves & I will see you next year in QLD.

Regards Mick Carlsson.

Well said Mick,

Thanks to everyone involved in the organisation and running of ECCC this year. A tournament like this would never run without all you guys. Everything went smoothly and it was a pleasure to bowl in this event.

Well done to all my Victorian team mates who helped us bring home the cups (most of them anyway :))

Cheers,
Nick

you bowled well mick sorry i couldnt contribute its so hard watching and supporting for 3 nights i had a bad week and to top things off i couldnt even make the dinner dance i was sick sat and in bed most of sunday i have been thinking maybe its time to give eastcoast away thats the second time i have failed in the open side

Has anybody from NSW or Qld. still have ECCC shirts to swap?
I never got around to asking.
My shirt size is Large.

Enjoyed my first Eastcoast, although I found it a bit grueling fronting up each day for a week,(as it included the championships)

I was happy to contribute to the team, and really found the whole experience a buzz.

Felt sorry for Peter H, and thought that he should have gotten a run somewhere. The managers & captains kept stressing the "team" part all through the event, but I can imagine it would be hard to stay enthused if you don't get to bowl.

The greatest shock was to make the "All Star Team".

I had a good singles, below average doubles, and average triples & teams.

Congratulations to all the other "All Stars", Andrew LLoyd, Dan Borey, Brian Pilkington,Alan Notman, Shaun Cummings & Phillip McGuire.

Also congrats to "Noddy" on winning the Masters, and to the other "Lefty" my mate Paul Francis on his 300 during the teams.

Just made it through the week, came down with the flu on Sunday and have been laid up for the past 3 days.

you bowled well mick sorry i couldnt contribute its so hard watching and supporting for 3 nights i had a bad week and to top things off i couldnt even make the dinner dance i was sick sat and in bed most of sunday i have been thinking maybe its time to give eastcoast away thats the second time i have failed in the open side

Peter dont give it away !!! It should be one of your goals not only to make the team but perform when its on.....

I would like to thank each and everyone involved in the ECCC.

Unfortunately I missed the team by around 40 pins, but I had the pleasure of being asked to Manage the U21 girls team along with Graham Pearson. We had a great time doing this.

It was a pleasure to manage these girls. They are all wonderful young girls have all have a great future in bowling.

To the two captains, Emily Robertson and Rebecca Mueller, you were both fantastic captains and it was great to have your help and opinion when working out all the different teams. By no means was is an easy task to do this. You both should be proud of your efforts last week. You are a credit to your fellow bowlers.

Graham, it was a pleasure to share the managers positon with you. I think we worked well as a team and were able to help our girls bring home the cup.

To Rachelle Flynn, to make the all stars team is a top effort but to finish with the 2nd highest average for the tournament is a fantastic effort in itself. Well done.

You all bowled so well this last week. I could not be prouder of any 14 young girls than I was and still am of you all this past week.

If I am unlucky enough not to make the team next year I would be honoured to manage the U21 girls again if I am offered the opportunity to do so.

What can I say about a great tournament except GO VICS.

Barb Carlsson

Felt sorry for Peter H, and thought that he should have gotten a run somewhere. The managers & captains kept stressing the "team" part all through the event, but I can imagine it would be hard to stay enthused if you don't get to bowl.
As a manager Brien it's never easy making decisions like that and as hard as it is for Peter i can assure you it's even harder as a capatain and a Manager to make those choices....yes they stress it's all about the team and it's for this reason not only did Brenton Bull and Peter sit out on the last day but part of the reason the open mens team won the medal it must have been the right decision because as a team you all won the medal...It's never nice sitting and watching and believe me ( I've been there....as have many others....) but if my performance was not up to my potential then for the good of the team I wouldn't have it any other way....

Well done on making the all stars and on having a great tourny....and as for you peter ...as Mick said never give up just make it a goal for next year to turn it all around for yourself and come back more determined and stronger.

Cheers Mary

I would like to thank each and everyone involved in the ECCC.
Unfortunately I missed the team by around 40 pins, but I had the pleasure of being asked to Manage the U21 girls team along with Graham Pearson. We had a great time doing this.
It was a pleasure to manage these girls. They are all wonderful young girls have all have a great future in bowling.
To the two captains, Emily Robertson and Rebecca Mueller, you were both fantastic captains and it was great to have your help and opinion when working out all the different teams. By no means was is an easy task to do this. You both should be proud of your efforts last week. You are a credit to your fellow bowlers.
Graham, it was a pleasure to share the managers positon with you. I think we worked well as a team and were able to help our girls bring home the cup.
To Rachelle Flynn, to make the all stars team is a top effort but to finish with the 2nd highest average for the tournament is a fantastic effort in itself. Well done.
You all bowled so well this last week. I could not be prouder of any 14 young girls than I was and still am of you all this past week.
If I am unlucky enough not to make the team next year I would be honoured to manage the U21 girls again if I am offered the opportunity to do so.
What can I say about a great tournament except GO VICS.
Barb Carlsson

Nawww Barbie!! :p

What can i say, the past week has been amazing!
Personally, I was so glad to have both yourself and Graham as our managers, you guys were definitely the core of our team!!

From the immense amount of support we received from you guys, to those stressful meetings to decide lineups, it all just fell into place especially on that final day, of which we could not have succeeded without you guys!!
I'm forever in debt!!

To Bec, good job well done mate. So glad to have you as my counterpart in leading the girls to victory!

And to the girls...absolute champions!
Those last 2 games in Teams would have to be the most intense I've ever bowled in...and for us to be able to hold it together was fantastic! I honestly couldn't be any prouder :)
Special mention to Rachelle, mate you're a STAR! Honoured to have bowled with you, and you deserved every accolade that you received!

Well done to everyone, hope to see you all back again next year to defend our title!!

Emily Robertson.

I would just like to say Congratulations to ALL the Victorian bowlers that bowled East Coast.

It was a great time had by all & the most important thing is we got back the CUP just like Alan had promised the dearly loved Elizabeth Smithers.
I'm sure she would be proud of each & everyone of the Victorian Team Members.

I would just like to make a special thank you to the Ladies Team. We lead from the very first day & it didn't look like we would be caught.
I had a wonderful time Captaining you ladies & I thank you for all your support you gave back & the terrific bowling you showed out on the lanes.

Well done to Lee Booth & Nicole McPartlane on making the All Stars for us women, you both bowled awesome the whole week.

To all the other Open ladies, Tam, Jo, Ann & Jeanette, thank you for a wonderful week of fun & great bowling.

To the graded Ladies, Captain Tracy, Jane, Julie, Liz, Robyn, Karen & Lana, thank you also for all your hard work & terrific bowling, it was a pleasure to watch you ladies.

And a big thank you to our two managers, Evelyn & Mary on a wonderful job. We couldn't have done it without you...
Mary you were there for us all when we needed that little kick up the bum, so Thank you. ;)

I'm Looking forward to bowling with you all next year in QLD.

Jenny ;)

I too have been layed up with the flu since attending the dinner dance on Saturday night only returning to work again today. I would like to urge Peter to perservere with the cup for next year as I too were dropped the last three years after the doubles and only got a run last game of the teams last year.
Having managed the boys this year it is a thankless task and I would only recommend it to those who can stand up and make tough decisions. I have come to terms with my past three years and are determined to get back in the open team next year so Peter see ya at the rolloffs. Ray, Alan or Paul B and Paul F didn't have easy decisions to make but made them to the benefit of the team. It is tough at the time but you will get over it.
A great big congratulations to all my boys and to my fellow manager Joe on a great week. I also extend my congratulations to all other cup and medal winners.

Well another year another east coast....
i would like to thank everyone envolved within east coast, from morrabbin for holding the event and everything running pretty smoothly without any major hiccups...
to Leanne and the MTBA a huge thankyou!!!
To all Queensland and New South Wales representatives... thankyou for a fantastic week!!
Now to my Boys!!! well done everyone ross cowie smashing the singles to nick john nathan shane and jimmy for bowling awesome all week... sry james about the all stars you deserved it.... but all events sounded so much better....
Special mention to scott fryer Thankyou for letting us know about jimmy's situation... what could have been... ahh well always next year!!
To Jockey And Hot Fuzz... a huge thankyou was a pleasure being being managed by both of you... was an awesome week!!
To everybody once again... thankyou.... hope you all saw me really enjoy the dinner... was an awesome cap of to the week... probably plenty of funny photos....
Cant wait to do it all again next year!!!
Drew layton

Back
Top Bottom