Dick Ritger Recovering

Graham

Staff member
I have been asked to bring this message to you all - not only to those who have participated in Dick Ritgers Coaching Camps over the years, but to those who know him personally.

Dick has had a stroke just a few days ago. Dick has not been affected physically and has not suffered any other damage other than he has lost his sense of balance and cannot stand or walk. His wife Judy is with him and reports that Dick has had a really good day today and the therapists are amazed at Dicks attitude to get back on track quickly. Dick will be keeping to his schedule and is looking forward to coming out here to Australia again.

Please leave messages of support here for Dick and I make sure they get sent on to him.

hey best wishes go to dick and his family

HEY THANX GRAHAM FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY TO REPLY TO THIS MATTER WITH DICK.

FROM THE STAFF AND MANAGEMENT OF BURDEKIN BOWL WE WISH HIM THE BEST RECOVERY AND HOPE TO SEE HIM BACK IN OZ AGAIN SEND HIM OUR BEST WISHES THANKYOU

FROM ALL AT TBAQ, BEST WISHES FOR A VERY SPEEDY RECOVERY.
YOU HAVE HELPED SO MANY PEOPLE HERE IN QUEENSLAND AND WE WILL BE THINKING OF YOU IN THE COMING WEEKS.
IF ANYONE CAN BOUNCE BACK, YOU CAN.

Dick it is sad for us to hear about your stroke, we hope and pray you are getting better.

We have great faith in you, for you have taught us so many things that have helped us in our bowling and without your help we wouldn't have got so far in our sporting career.

Stay strong Dick

Best wishes from all the Nucifora Families

Dick

Hope u have a speedy recovery
U are well respected within the bowling community

Goodluck

Kali

Dick Ritger - get well

I owe Dick Ritger a great deal - He is the only Coach who leaves a legacy of sport skill teachings that is constantly refered to in Australia. Dick's system of basic training has become the measuring tool that we judge other programs bought to us from the rest of the world.

Amongst many quality overseas tenpin bowling masters Dick is the the Coaches 'Coach'. Dicks bowling prowess was acknowledged by his peers when he was voted as one of American Bowling Congress 'Bowlers of the Milenium' Only 20 bowlers in America were honored in this way. OUr Australian juniors have asked Dick what the great gold ring is on his finger - He replies - 'This is the ring given to me as one of Bowlings Bowlers of the Mellenium' - Their eyes just about bug out. He always needs a great amount of prompting to speak of his achievements. He suffers people like myself who constantly asks questions and always answers honestly and directly.
Many of our International bowling greats have been taught by Dick Ritger. He has allowed us to owe him money for his time - debts that have totalled many thousands of dollars - his attitude is - I know you are doing it hard and when times are good will be time enough for me. If I am not paid I know you have tried your best. Several years pass and Dick still offers to provide support to the systems of coaching. He believes what we are doing here in Australia. Today we have paid the monetary debt but still owe him a great deal. He would be embarrassed to read this.

Dick I hope you answer this challenge and recover quickly. I hope many other coaches and new juniors get the chance to meet you and see you in action.

Best wishes
Gail Torrens

Dick Ritger is making a recovery from the stroke suffered last week whilst at home.

Dick has been sent home and goes to outpatient physical therapy at the local hospital. He is progressing well. He has to work on his balance problem, strengthening his body overall and getting rid of the dizziness. The doctor and therapists give him an excellent chance to make a full recovery, but it will take some time.

Dick has decided to pass all his 2003 teaching programs to Bob Rea, his head instructor, and Julius Williams, as he will probably do no teaching this year. This way he can can concentrate on using his energies toward rehabilitation. So Bob and Julius will be conducting all the 2003 Australian programs.

He's not supposed to use a computer for awhile because the stroke affected the ability to use his eyes normally, so his wife Judy is doing the messaging duties for now. He thanks everyone from around the world for all the prayers and well wishes - there's great power in prayer and we feel that! His goal is to recover fully and once again be travelling around the world, teaching and personally being in contact with all his friends in the bowling world once again. Please watch this site for further updates.

Back
Top Bottom