Classic Doubles Calls It A Day

stevej

After 27 years AMF Morley Bowl’s oldest league, The Classic Doubles has called it a day. The classic Doubles was one of those leagues that was not only highly competitive but also one that you looked forward to each week for the social side of tenpin bowling. Many firm friendships were forged in this league and I am sure will continue even without our regular Thursday night dose of bowling.

This league has seen/produced many of Western Australia’s and indeed Australia’s finest players, players such as Steve Hart, Brian Hamer, Del Da Re’, Jan Gianotti and Michael Muir. There were also times when most if not all of the Western Australia’s Men’s Rachuig team came out of this league.

Like all leagues the Classic Doubles had finally reached its use by date, succumbing to an ever-dwindling pool of players and a centre manager that left you shaking your head in absolute amazement. No player should ever feel that a centre’s manager is working hard towards the demise of a league but that’s what it was like.

I would like to thank David Hamilton though for his efforts on Thursday nights, it would not have been easy putting up with the likes of me, but you survived.

So good luck and thanks to all those people who bowled in the Classic Doubles, a good time, I’m sure, was had by all.

So for those in the know GOFO

Steve J

Back
Top Bottom