Cheaps flights to Malaysia on sale now $489 return

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
For those wanting to venture overseas and bowl in an International event, the Malaysian Open is on between the 29th April and 7th May. Its a great event, well run with a decent prizefund on offer.

I will try and find the link for the entry forms. I have them on email, will try and attach them here or just message me your email address and I'll send them to you.

I just booked a $489 return flight with Air Asia ex Gold Coast leaving on Sat the 2nd May and returning on Friday the 8th. That includes 25kg of checked sporting goods as luggage each way. Doesn't get much cheaper than that :)

Accommodation is $180 triple share (includes breakfast), $150 twin share (includes breakfast)

I believe there is already a bunch of us Aussies going, should be a fun trip! Any questions just post below.

Attachments

• MIO 2015 Entry Form.pdf
    69.2 KB · Views: 34
  • MIO2015 - Prize Fund Prize Fund.pdf
    80.4 KB · Views: 32
  • MIO2015- Squad Time Schedule Squad Times.pdf
    52 KB · Views: 9
  • MIO2015 - Rules & Regulations.pdf
    135.9 KB · Views: 10
George,
Airasia does not count bowling balls as sports equipment, needs to be booked under excess. Ive had this argument with them before

You will get into KL fine with bowling balls as sporting goods. Leaving KL airport is where they don't count bowling balls as sporting equipment and want you to pay some ringits. I asked them when I left there last year. I bought 40kg of check in luggage each way last time.

Yep we had a similar issue last year. Purchased 40kg sporting equipment and 20kg for our general luggage. Had no issues going out of Melbourne with it but then coming home we had massive problems. Took us a good hour of arguing at the airport to convince them to let us take it on as sporting equipment.

It's been like that for years Roy. I think they cottoned on to just how heavy bowling balls are. When I went to Malaysia last year, if I recall correctly, it was about $50 each way for 50kg of sporting goods. A pretty good deal it would seem, until you go to leave KL & they say your bowling balls aren't sporting equipment & they want you to pay excess baggage fees to check them in. I think I ended up going with 40kg of standard check in luggage for about $89 each way & then just had carry on luggage for all my clothes for the week.

Back
Top Bottom