Cheap airfares out the window!!!

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
In today's Sunday mail I read that QANTAS have jumped their prices up considerably on all domestic flights. Virgin is the only cheap alternative but you have to book NOW. Get in quick before they all go, I'd imagine within the next few days Virgin flights will be all full.

I had troubles getting a flight this morning for Townsville in November, better start booking.

G

Forgot to mention that Frequent Flyer flights have now sky rocketed in points as well. The smallest amount of points needed is now 20,000 up from 9,000 2 weeks ago. Not only that but I heard they are reducing the number of seats available as well. I can't imagine this would be good news for bowlers.

G

Thats exactly right George
icon_sad.gif

I went to look up a flight with Qantas so I could come up to Sharp...and on Thursday I could get a flight for $245, and I looked after I read ur post (Sunday) and now I can get one for a nice and cheap $911 - thats if I leave thurs night and come home monday

its disgusting!!!
icon_eek.gif

the Nationals in october will suffer, many people will have lost airfares and can they afford to re-book? if they can will there be enough seats? the situation is going to impact on all tournaments, travel will not be as easy, lets hope someone rescues ansett.
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif
icon_eek.gif

I am sure that I read somewhere that there is a governing body with regards to frequent flyer points.... surely they would not be allowing the point system to be raised so high from 9000 to 20000.... imagine all the families that have booked for the school holidays etc ...
icon_sad.gif
icon_mad.gif
icon_confused.gif

I can promise you pbowler that it is true. I had a point balance of 13,500 and went to book a one way flight from Townsville to Brisbane. This normally cost 9000 points, but when I searched the net it told me that I didn't have enough to book ANY flight. I rang up to check and they said there had been a SMALL increase to the points needed. As a result I'll be flying Virgin to Townsville now. The minimum amount of points needed to book any flight at all using frequent flyer points is now 20,000.

NOT HAPPY JAN!
icon_mad.gif

George,
The points system for frequent flyers is supposed to have changed as from the 15th of September. This was notified to all frequent flyers earlier this year. There is also now a minimum of 1000 points for travel so flying between bris and syd now gets 1000 points each way. The points are also calculated on miles now instead of km's and there is no discounted points system as was previously for booking a cheap fare. the letter also said that 20000 points is the minimum anywhere and will be caluclated as a return trip.
This is as far as i understand the letter.
cya
Brian

I can just see the 2002 Virtual Rachuig..
100,000 spectators glued to their computers.
Each team in their home state,matchplay linked up live ...for all the world to see.
Males on one lane..females the other.
The cost...priceless.

Back
Top Bottom