Charlie Greyson Memorial Open

Brando's ProShop

Score More For Le$$
Staff member
On the 28th of September 2004 bowling lost a man who truly loved our sport – his name was Charles Greyson. “Charlie” as he was known to the bowling community passed away at the age of 69 and lived at Dicky Beech on the Sunshine Coast.

Charlie spent countless hours in numerous bowling centres across Queensland enjoying his passion. He bowled in 3 leagues a week and spent almost all his spare time at Suncity Bowl, Caloundra Tenpin and Caboolture Bowl as a spectator.

In memory of Charlie we are holding a tournament in his name. The Charlie Greyson Memorial Open will be held at Suncity Bowl on the 8th of May 2005. Charlie would be very honoured if you were to attend his tournament.

Entry forms will be out soon, here a few details about the event:

Format: 10 games - scratch pinfall deciding the winner
Entry Fee: $100.00
Prize Fund: We are paying to 25th based on 60 entries
(1st $1000.00, 2nd $750.00, 3rd $650.00)
Date: Sunday 8th May

Brando

I am extremely sad to hear of the loss of Charlie. As the number 1 supporter of Shooter's Shooters, Charlie very rarely missed a week to come down to the bowl and support our team. To see him sit behind our team and cheer us on really made league each week so much more special. I can only hope I am able to bowl in this tourney later in the year and show my support as Charlie did to us. Rest In Peace Charlie.

Entry forms for the Charlie Greyson Memorial Open will be available at the end of February. This tournament is set to be a great event with a total of $7250.00 in prize money up for grabs.

Format: 10 games - scratch pinfall deciding the winner
Entry Fee: $100.00
Prize Fund: We are paying to 25th based on 60 entries
(1st $1000.00, 2nd $750.00, 3rd $650.00)
Date: Sunday 8th May
A Squad: 8.30am Check In
B Squad: 1.00pm Check In

We are starting to take entries now. To enter the CGMO please email or phone your entries to:

Peter Brown
0401 738 313
[email protected]

Brando
0411 659 225
[email protected]

Please supply us with your full name & contact phone number. Squad listings will be posted shortly.

Brando

Sorry about the confusion, what i meant about (senior juniors) is the age of 15-16 years of age and up as well as senior bowlers.

Back
Top Bottom