Change in ranking points allocation

milkman

My girlfriend Leisa Lumsden only told me 2 weeks ago, that despite her finishing 12th in a youth tournament, she managed to score herself 64 points for her efforts.

I was wondering how this could be ... as this raises so many questions in my mind. As far as Im aware, last year, if I bowled in an adult tournament, I didnt get points based on where I finished in relation to other youth male bowlers, I got points based on where I finished in the tournament.

So when did this change? Supposedly this changed AFTER the Latrobe Youth Valley Cup, which was nationally ranked.

There was no information before the tournament that the ranking points would be changed, so any female interstater that did not compete that weekend was completely disadvantaged.

To TBA: You are shooting yourselves in the foot. I am sure you would of had MORE entries if you had of decided this before hand. If you did not contemplate it at the time, then you should of chosen to change the points system at the NEXT tournament. Althought I'd like my Leisa to have more points, this is totally unfair.

What are you going to do for other ranking points? Will youth males have their own seperate points section at adult tournaments? Will open females also have their own points section at open tournaments? The list can go on really.

I would suggest if any youth females have any problems with this, they should raise their concerns to their state TBA office.

Back
Top Bottom