Change in Handicap system

Resurrection

Bowling Tragic
I have joined a league at knox, was only going to be as a sub but due to an injury I have been bowling on a more permanent basis. My average in 47 pins higher than the next average. I was approached tonight as the secretary was going to propose a change in handicap system due to my high average and the changes were to be backed back to the start of the season affecting all scores to this point. Personally as an individual i am not really fussed as I do not bowl for accolades or personal glory but as this league is a teams league this change not only affects me but also the rest of my team. I have put this up here to get some thoughts and maybe other situations of the same type.

Matthew Lambrick

I don't think it's right and l doubt their constitution allows it, obviously some people are having a bit of a cry. Rewards for mediocrity as per usual.

TELL EM' TO GET STUFFED!
Its in the constitution.
Its always nice to here about another league punishing a bowler for having a bigger ego than there's?
Personally you should also ask them to consider no handicap so they may become bowlers. Or suggest bumpers for spares.
Matt you may aswell **** and fall backwards, either enjoy your bowling or move on!

Well, for the sake of the maths, if its 100% of 200, the highest league average is 180...ie a handicap of 20. You join the league and have a 230 average, on the same scale you should be off -30. Since there are no negative handicaps, the league has to give you 30 head start every game.

Sounds like a change in the constitution is only fair. But I wouldnt agree to the backdating

Congrats Matty as league standings show after tonights 3 games your average has gone up to 229 possibly going up to 230+ within the next couple of weeks if you are still subbing, I wonder if they will raise it to 90% of 235 or 240 then lol.

The league will have to put the back dating to a vote and even if it passes I think it is against association rules. They should only introduce the new handicap system if they must after a full league vote from the first week after the vote is taken that is if it passes.

Back
Top Bottom