Brunswick Perth Cup Squad Listing as at.................

23rd April 2003

Squad 1 - Saturday 9:00am & Sunday 4:00pm

George Frilingos
Steve Johnstone
Brenton Davy
Michael Muir
Tim Mack
Andrew Frawley - Defending Champion
Ben Billing
John Morss
Natalie Shelley

Squad 2 - Saturday 12:30pm & Sunday 9:00am

Drew Chalton
Brett Smith
Alan Skupin
Keiran Mott
Andrew Blissett
Robert Townshend
Vince Pearson
Clint Phelps
Kate Wilton
Ben Conick
Marnie Young
Toni Woodcock
Kim Elliott
Jason Watts
Paul Trotter
Russ Mortimer

Squad 3 - Saturday 4:00pm & Sunday 12:30pm

Christian Purdue
David Wyborn
Philip Solomans
Ian Mills
David Rogers
Chris Mathews
Michael Rowley
Shane Schleper

If your interested in or want to put your entry in please contact Fairlanes City on (08) 9325 3588

Clint

What a field!! You'd think 1st place was $20000 or something!!

Anyway better post the important information like tee off time on Friday and who's playing? Is it ambrose, teams??

Field as at 31st May....

And it just keeps getting better........

Squad 1 - Saturday 9:00am & Sunday 4:00pm

George Frilingos
Steve Johnstone
Brenton Davy
Michael Muir
Tim Mack
Andrew Frawley - Defending Champion
Ben Billing
John Morss
Natalie Shelley
Alan West
Jason Belmonte

Squad 2 - Saturday 12:30pm & Sunday 9:00am

Drew Chalton
Brett Smith
Alan Skupin
Keiran Mott
Andrew Blissett
Robert Townshend
Vince Pearson
Clint Phelps
Kate Wilton
Ben Conick
Marnie Young
Toni Woodcock
Kim Elliott
Jason Watts
Paul Trotter
Russ Mortimer
Michael Zentveld
Matthew O'Brien
Anthony Morrell

Squad 3 - Saturday 4:00pm & Sunday 12:30pm

Christian Purdue
David Wyborn
Philip Solomans
Ian Mills
David Rogers
Chris Mathews
Michael Rowley
Shane Schleper

If your interested in or want to put your entry in please contact Fairlanes City on (0 9325 3588

LOCALS????

Almost 40 with a month to go, so half way almost.

Still quite a few Locals that havent yet entered

Unfortunately found out tonight the BALLMEISTER will not be bowling, but i'm sure he'll be along giving his running commentary :lol:

Speaking of lefties where's Harty's name.

Stax you bowling??

2 lefties a squad is heaps Scoops, we don't want to go trashing up the left. Dare I say " I might even have to move over the course of the weekend if too many more enter ".

Looking forward to the trip

G

LEFTY WHO?

Bring on all the lefties George, trash it out...... hehehehehe

You should have been around early nineties they didnt care how many played. Helps when 13 made the cut to 20, i think there was only a cpl that missed out :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: it was horrible times :p

Baron being one lol, silly boy didnt bowl :lol:

WA LOOK OUT

Well just had a look at the Fairlanes web page and see a new entry that of "Mr Jason BELMONTE"

Yet another first timer to the Perth Cup and one i'm sure will attract a few to see this amazing technique that over a very short period has stamped him to be one of the premier bowlers in our country at this time

Good to see you making the trip West Jas, just one word of advice stay away from places like Burswood and Northbridge...lol

almost more interstaters than locals, Sue going for the record for the most travelled to the event

Thanks for the PITCH scoops :)

Ive heard so many things about PERTH and how else better to see if its as nice as ive been told than to go there myself......

Like George said some big names going...... cant wait to bowl...should be a great event!

Cheers

belmo

I'll bowl, does any1 wanna pay for my entry???? :D :D :D oh well, i only saw 2 juniors in the squads, neither are from WA so i think i might as well, do it for WA!!! :) I'll bowl, i just gotta find some money....

Later

Perth Cup

Well I know I told Scoops I wasnt going to bowl but lets just wait and see how the next few weeks go. You never know I might just sneak my entry in at the last minute but I must say its not looking good at the moment. I havent picked up a ball for 5 weeks and now I only bowl 3 games a week so I'll have to wait and see how the next couple of league nights go. Looks like I will finally get to see the "two handed tweaker" Belmo play at last as I missed him in Adelaide and always good to see the Mack truck back in town. Always a huge effort on Tims behalf to get here and will be his first stint at Fairlanes. DC Frawls will be back and he is still a big drawcard over here and MM always a good bet for a podium finish. Me ol mate Scoops heads home and he's travelling quite nicely at the minute and who can forget his emotional win in 93 coming thru the stepladder.For the lefties 4 time winner Brenton will return and George will have his first tilt at our biggest event over here and Harty as always will be up there. But of course the biggest news is the great man himself, the Dunsborough dynamo. the slipperiest of all slippery left handers and the only man to make the cut by way of protest (to this day I dont think Val has spoken to him since) Ian Atkinson "Acko" wont be making an appearance this year. Unfortunately his vast array of gear, namely one Excalibur and one polished blue Rhino, just doesnt cut it anymore but Im sure he'll show his face over the weekend. Looking forward to it all. Baron

ps Even "Acko" made it that year Scoops was referring to. 1990 I think. I was living on Mars at the time and missed the last rocket out of town. Doh!!!!

SLIMY LEFTIES

YES 1990 was the year of all years

brentons first game of the tourney 296, wimpy's first 3 - 298, 288 & 268=854(National Record until recently)

4 x 300's one disqualified

Steve Hart averaging in excess of 260 for the first 6 games of matchplay WOW

It had everything - Highest cut ever i believe about 212 or there abouts. would have to go back to the record books and check

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Shame about Ian not bowling but hope he does make the trip up, be good to catch up. Think the last time was own at his place easter 99

Hope ur right for then too Baron, and while we're at it what about Luiz and that infamous slimy leftie VARGAS

Where are some of the long serving bowlers of the Cup like Les Harland, Peter Palm, Mark Petz, any others

Still plenty of time

Scoops.... from what I saw there was an entry for Luiz put in tonight :)

Look forward to seein u over this way again

CJ

:D :D
Indeed Luiz is in the field and so too another Victorian, Terry Silva.

Looking forward to meeting all the new faces to "The Cup" - but keener to see our local greats getting their entry forms in.
Quite right Alan - 1990 was a year to remember with Brian Bridges "the Cut" - 208 average.
Les Harland was in fact in here last week warming up and seriously considering making a come back.

Amazing looking at past results - I'll have them available for all to see 31st May.

Sue

I really hope to be at this year's Cup, and will know in the next 2 weeks if I can afford the entry and bowl in my third Perth Cup.

And its really good to see the amount of interstate/international bowlers making it over for this enjoyable weekend.

Should be a good one, and definitely looking forward to it :D

Just had another look at the field over on www.fairlanes.com.au.
Steve Lovell, me ol mate. Good to see another slimy leftie coming to Perth.
56 entries and still a few obvious missing.
Wimbridge, Kury, Tapio and alike, come on get your entries in. Lets make this the best field yet for the Perth Cup. (as if it already isnt)

I'll see you all there on the weekend.

Stax

B squad is now full.

Come on everyone - where are all our locals.

Every WA bowler who has paid their deposit by May 23rd will be elligible to go into the draw to win a "joy flight".
1 Hour flying over Perth and surrounding areas compliments of Glenn from Sharp Impressions (supplier of the Perth Cup shirts).
- you'll get to go with our star staff member for the month of Aprl - rumour has it she just made Walter De Veer and is terrified of flying
and yours truly of course!!

I'll wait for your call

Sue

Back
Top Bottom