BMW NSW Country Open Orange Final Results

ok enough about this.
lets not ruin good memories of a great tournament.

everyone whos thinking about entering next year, dont think about it just have a go. its an awesome tournament.

Josh from Orange, how old are you? I'm assuming quite young. If you go back to my first posting, Monday 25th April, I opened with "Orange was a great tournament". I haven't criticised the tournament at all so your point is? I had an issue with the conduct of a bowler.

All people are entitled to their own opinion and I believe that is what this forum is for. If people agree/disagree with you that's the risk you take posting a response. I confidently voice my opinion and respond to negative remarks made eg the posting from Adam directed to me. You will learn as an adult to stand up for what you believe in.

Point of the whole story I don't like rude behaviour in any Sport, it simply isn't necessary.

Shellstar :wink:

It was great to return "home" last weekend and join in with all the proud Orange "family" to share in Jason's World Bowler of the Year Award.
Jason gave a wonderful speech in response to all the kind words from Mayor John Davis, Bob Cook, Lynne Clay and her fist full of International well wishing emails. Congratulations to Marisa and Aldo on putting together such a superb evening.

The tournament was another huge success and a BIG pat on the back to Belmo....and young Cowland for their efforts. I was particularly impressed with the improvement I saw in so many of the other Orange bowlers and the game of Samantha Turvey.
Maybe I've been out of the game for too long, but I was amazed at the variety of lines bowlers were able to use and still be successful. Left or Right, 5/10/25, it didn't seem to matter, big scores everywhere !

The very best of luck for the future Jase.......we'll all be watching.
Cheers Peter Brown

All,

as one of the tournament directors, it's probably appropriate for me to add something here.
The entry form for the tournament is pretty specific. I refer to Point 10 in the RULES AND GENERAL INFORMATION on Page 2 :-
10. National rules of conduct will apply and must be adhered to

If the confident/arrogant/rude bowler (call him/her what you like) was in breach of those rules, then he/she would have been warned for an initial breach, then expelled from the tournament for any subsequent breach.
Can somebody, obviously somebody who's a lot closer to the RULES than I am (for those who don't know already ... I re-enter the world of bowling once a year ... purely and only to help run this tournament!), advise here in this forum what the National Rules of Conduct state in these circumstances?

Now, Orange Bowl has 16 lanes; and I only have 2 eyes. And I didn't see this 'rude' conduct occurring. SHELLSTAR .. I am not for one minute stating that this rude conduct didn't occur .. I'm just thinking that it wasn't a major problem.
That said, I will write here that an 'incident' did occur early on the 2nd day. It was reported to me (purely unofficially of course) that ONE top bowler (after riding a shot across a couple of lanes) said to ANOTHER top bowler .. that he was 'coming after him'. The RECEIVING bowler then retorted very appropriately indeed (I reckon the retort was priceless!) .. and that was it. Both bowlers continued on their merry way.

Again .. and it has to be said .. Breach the rules .. and you're out!

But in 13 years of the tournament (17 years in its entirety if you include the previously named Central West Open), the tournament has been held along excellent lines of conduct and sportsmanship. And as you can see from the many postings in this forum item, the tournament is held in very high regard.
And Aldo (Belmonte), Tony (Murray), and myself .. will always work to ensure that it continues in the same vein. Tony and I actually bowl in the tournament ourselves!

SHELLSTAR; I think you took the comments from JOSH FROM ORANGE personally. You shouldn't have. He didn't direct the reply to you ... he merely offered a wider, generic comment that he didn't want to see the negative comments about the tournament. And a fair comment it was.
DARK ASSAILANT (Adam); Sorry, but I agree with SHELLSTAR about the spelling/writing. Let's keep the bad spelling and abbreviations (WOT, THA etc) in the realms of SMS TEXTING. Using such nomenclature and abbreviations is OK in SMS'ing when trying to keep TEXTING costs down ... but it looks untidy in this type of forum. Let's show some maturity.
Also ... SHELLSTAR also made a good point about EGO. Riding shots across multiple lanes then FACING up to another bowler is a definite indication of EGO ... no arguments there at all. As far as I'm concerned ... and most would have to agree ... SHELLSTAR's comments weren't made as an ego trip.

Now, all in all ... this was another excellent year for the NSW COUNTRY (ORANGE) OPEN. I've been associated with the tournament since it started in 1992.
It's the only thing that gets me out of my bowling oblivian!

Aldo has made a suggestion in this forum that we move the Squad times to later on Saturday. This is because we have always struggled to fill Squad 1 (whether it's because Sydneysiders want to avoid having to leave so early on Saturday morning, or they want to avoid the extra night's accommodation on the Friday night). This forum is excellent for getting ideas on how to improve the tournament (any tournament!?!).
So ..... let me have it ... er, them (suggestions that is).

I hope to see you all .. past, present, and future bowlers .. at next year's OPEN.
I'll just slowly fade away into oblivian again ..........

Cheers

Frank van den Berg
Tournament Director (1 of 3)

Back
Top Bottom