BLACK & WHITE GRAND PRIX - KEDRON

Tamerett

The format for this event has been revamped
Saturday 22nd & Sunday 23rd September
Now based on 60 entries Male OR Female
Entry fee $100
1st & 2nd prizes guaranteed - The remaining prizes based on 60 entries with prize payouts at 3:1- paying out to 20th place
Check out your centres or contact Mark Sheehan at Kedron - SEE YOU THERE!!!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Watch out guys for this tournament. The format is 10 games top 30 cut THEN PINFALL DROPPED for 6 games on day 2 qualifying before matchplay.

Can anyone explain to me the point of even having day one qualifying if you are going to DROP PINFALL for 6 games qualifying day 2 before matchplay.

Seems like making the cut on day 2 will be determined more by a favourable lane draw than skill of a bowler as per our usual format for qualifying/cut to matchplay.

Good luck to all going in this tournament. I wish you good luck in your lane draws - it seems like this is what will determine who makes the cut for this tournament.

Sound a little too hostile - sorry guys, perhaps someone can explain to me the point of the dropped pinfall. The way our tournaments are going at the moment we are lucky to get 30 bowlers participating in an event???????

May the bowling gods be with us all.

:)
Jon King

Jon

I know the format has a lot to be desired, dropping pinfall doesn't reward the best bowler over the weekend, only the best bowler on the day. A good way of taking the lane draw out of play is to make lane changes after every game. It is much harder and allows everyone to bowl on the "not so good pairs". I'm pretty sure Kedron will never approve that, so we go back to the lucky lane draw format.

I've been praying to the bowling gods, you better do the same, I'm sure though the conditions put down will be fine. As for 60 entries, in the great words of the movie The Castle " tell them they're dreamin ". See everyone there.

George

Who is bowling in this tournament?? And what squad?? I am bowling A Squad.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

George and I were over there tonight and there were 26 names down and it is definately going ahead.

The lanes tonight left a little to be desired .. sure it was 8:30pm and they maybe had 10-15 games on them - but boy the condition was short. Not too unlike last year on the Guardian (they have changed to Synthetics). We were assured that a fresh condition will be much better etc etc, but if it's short and you grind out and are leading after qualifying, you better be bowling good the next morning with pinfall being dropped for the 2nd lot of 6 games after qualifying then the matchplay after that.

That has got to be one of the strangest formats I have ever seen in a tournament. Good luck to all ...

Does anyone have a list of the top 30 that made it to the first round?

Back
Top Bottom