Best league in Vic?

Eagle1983

Eagle
g'day all,
im looking at trying to find a good league to bowl in, the league im currently in is pretty crap to say the least. my average at the moment is 203 and i would like to bowl with people around same average.
so what is the best league in Victoria??

Monday night 6.30 at Forrest Hill doubles, Aussie record last week ( not yet official :mad: ) league ave 177 lots of good scores and we all nice.... even me:eek:

We have a Wednesday "PBA experience" league at Epping, with a great mix of competitive and social players all enjoying a unique league experience. 3 weeks on a pattern, then a change to a different pattern.

I couldn't ever go back to competing on the same rubbish week in week out.

lol, the league average determines that it is the best league? You have got to be joking.

Personally I think the best league is the one that is competitve for sure but also has atmosphere, good people etc.

lol, the league average determines that it is the best league? You have got to be joking.

Personally I think the best league is the one that is competitve for sure but also has atmosphere, good people etc.

League ave. has a lot to do with it. You don't want to be bowling against nuffies who you know you will beat at least 9/10 times or who you have to give 60 pins start. But at the same time you don't want any elitist tools who think they're better then everyone. Got to be a mix of good people and competitiveness (which translates to average).

Hello,

Best league, well over the years it has to be the one that suit you the best!! Best bowlers with some very good cheaters used to be International Doubles at Dandy, I think they changed the rules to try and get rid of some huge sand bagging!! It is still a fairly strong league. I bowl at Boronia on a tuesday and we have 4 male Rachuig state bowlers in the league but also have a heap of 120-170 ave bowlers, its a bit of fun!! Enjoy your bowling, bowl whatever league suits and most bowlers are nice people no matter what center and what league you bowl!!
Cheers reusy

League ave. has a lot to do with it. You don't want to be bowling against nuffies who you know you will beat at least 9/10 times or who you have to give 60 pins start. But at the same time you don't want any elitist tools who think they're better then everyone. Got to be a mix of good people and competitiveness (which translates to average).

I disagree, averages could mean easy conditions, therefore no challenge.

No challenge = boring

Does Victoria have any scratch leagues?

I disagree, averages could mean easy conditions, therefore no challenge.

No challenge = boring

Does Victoria have any scratch leagues?

Keon Park Super league. 4 man teams bowling 3 games head to head scratch. This league has something like 30 yrs continuous play. I think starting at the old Coburg bowl before relocating to Keon Park. If you want competition come on down.

Phillip Allen
President
Super league (the original)
Keon Park bowl

Keon Park Super league. 4 man teams bowling 3 games head to head scratch. This league has something like 30 yrs continuous play. I think starting at the old Coburg bowl before relocating to Keon Park. If you want competition come on down.

Phillip Allen
President
Keon Park bowl

Good thing about this league as well is your position in your team is dependant upon your average. So one week you may be anchor the next at 3... Depending on how well or bad you bowl of course.

Unless this has been scrapped in the last few yrs.

Phillip Allen
President
Keon Park bowl

Didn't he say high averages MIGHT mean easy conditions and that MIGHT mean boring? Isn't Keon pretty much known as the easiest place to bowl in Victoria?

Now, none of that means it isn't a good league. For any league to last that long it has to have something going for it. I just found it funny that someone from Keon replied to that post.

Didn't he say high averages MIGHT mean easy conditions and that MIGHT mean boring? Isn't Keon pretty much known as the easiest place to bowl in Victoria?

Now, none of that means it isn't a good league. For any league to last that long it has to have something going for it. I just found it funny that someone from Keon replied to that post.

Fair call but its an even playing field. What if it is easy. Its easy for everybody and your bowling head to head. If you dont beleive me come on down and have a look. To somebody elses question yes we do bowl lowest average to highest. You must have a avearage of 170 to qualify for the league. Any othe questions feel free to pm on this site. We are looking to expand the league from 10 x 4 to 10 x 5 next season so if anybody is interested let me know.

Phil

Fair call but its an even playing field. What if it is easy. Its easy for everybody and your bowling head to head. If you dont beleive me come on down and have a look. To somebody elses question yes we do bowl lowest average to highest. You must have a avearage of 170 to qualify for the league. Any othe questions feel free to pm on this site. We are looking to expand the league from 10 x 4 to 10 x 5 next season so if anybody is interested let me know.

Phil

Yeah, I will travel 6 hours just to look at Keon.

As for it being easy, you just need to look at the high scores being constantly posted from people at Keon in the other forum. Yeah a good game takes some degree of skill but it looks very much like you might as well have the technician down the back knocking over the pins for you.

170 average to join? A guy I know came up here and I had a few games with him. He averaged about 150-160. He then said he averages 203 normally. I asked him if he bowled at Keon and the answer was of course yes. A 170 average at Keon would let everyone join except social bowlers woudln't it?

Like I said, the league must be good to have survived 30 years and good luck to it. Format even sounds good. Just don't try and tell me it is good because of the scoring because that is nothing but a joke.

The Epping Sports Singles is a fantastic league for a challenge.

We change the pattern every 3 weeks, and the bowler competes on a wide range of challenging patterns. This then helps the bowler learning how to adjust quickly to different patterns.

We let bowlers of every average enter, as it's never too early to learn how to read different lanes. While the conditions aren't rediculously hard, we have also not ever been accused of ditching them up. I think we have a great mix of competitive bowlers and those that are aspiring to do better.

Add all this to easily the premier centre (facility-wise) in Victoria, why would you bowl anywhere else? :D

Our new season starts in < 2 weeks, so anyone interested in actually learning something at league should give Jenny or Luke a call at Epping on 94083077.

Cheers guys!

The Epping Sports Singles is a fantastic league for a challenge.

We change the pattern every 3 weeks, and the bowler competes on a wide range of challenging patterns. This then helps the bowler learning how to adjust quickly to different patterns.

We let bowlers of every average enter, as it's never too early to learn how to read different lanes. While the conditions aren't rediculously hard, we have also not ever been accused of ditching them up. I think we have a great mix of competitive bowlers and those that are aspiring to do better.

Add all this to easily the premier centre (facility-wise) in Victoria, why would you bowl anywhere else? :D

Our new season starts in < 2 weeks, so anyone interested in actually learning something at league should give Jenny or Luke a call at Epping on 94083077.

Cheers guys!
Sounds like a challenge tonx?
Only problem is who ever bowls has to put up with your DRIBBLE! And lets face it, our ears can only take so much. :D

Touche'

I still think its better than taking the soft option though (bowling on a ditch against a couple of hackies?), and not bowling against competitive bowlers on real lane conditions. :D

What do you think? :)

Back
Top Bottom