Best bowling centre in Queensland?

Well i have to agree with "Blueheeler73" & "Flower" Clayfield was the best centre both for the bowling & just the homely atmosphere.........to be a junior was fun and to be involved the Clayfield Tournaments was also always fun....who could forget the "Coke" & "The Ladies Sunshine Special"!

Ken Sheehan "ole man" was a great coach and a great boss to have.

Wendye
:)

Totally agree with you Wendye,

Love Clayfield lanes. I loved working at Clayfield till it closed. Ken Sheehan was a great Boss and "the Staff" was fantastic.

Kim Spicer-Suna

all places are the same there are 2 diferet kinds wood or synthetic

its not the best center its how u can adapt to it ,you could have a hole in the middle of ur lane the challenge is to get around it and hit the pins

Missed the point totally pudgey.

Conditions alone simply dont make a good centre, atmosphere, staff, layout, design, look, bowlers, all go together to make up a "good" centre.

It isnt a question which do you think has the easiest or best condition, its what you think is simply the centre you like bowling in the best.

I started bowling at Clayfield 17 years ago and to this day id have to say Clayfield was the best. Now MtGravatt goes alright

Aspley and Capalaba were my favorite centres to bowl in when I lived in QLD. Aspley especially as it was so open and spacious compared to a lot of centres.

Best centre Clayfield I am at a 35 year reunion at the moment with 15 people
whom I have grown up with from Clayfield and we are all still good mates that was the nature of bowling at Clayfield and other centres you made friends for
life great to see so many people with fond memories of our older centres and the people who made these centres great places to bowl. Hey Wendye cant ever forget the drink and chipees for Birthdays can we or our great ole man

Well my pick Richlands, (Mt. Gravatt,Sunset Toowoomba and Logan Hyper Bowl) all come second. Now what about country lanes has anybody heard of Chinchilla they are some very special lanes.

My choice for lanes that are now closed would definately be Legends at Labrador. Ricky Cox and his staff were brilliant.

Current centres are harder to choose from. For atmosphere Aspley, Caboolture, Bundaberg and Loganholme. For lanes Aspley, Mt Gravatt, Ipswich, Sunset (Toowoomba) and Loganholme.

Overall, ASPLEY. :rockon: Very good staff, bowling atmosphere and lanes. Number 2 Caboolture. :thumbup:

The best bowling centre for learning how to bowl would have to be Rocky wouldn't it?:thumbup:

To name some top bowlers: Kelly Warren and Rebecca Simpson.. And the up and comer Leesa Bartlem!

mt gravatt for sure far beat my expectations when i first started there this year shot my highest game there and not turning back,redcliff and capalaba,richlands are next for me

Would have to agree with you geoff ,Rocky has produced some good bowlers.
also for atmosphere you cannot beat junior/youth shield in january each year when evrybody gets together for a great 3 days

thanks hayden:)

I'm glad to see that Sunset got a mention. As my home centre i'd have to say it's not too bad, but my most fav centre's would have to be Capalabah and Redcliffe. I always seem to bowl high averages there.

I'm glad to see that Sunset got a mention. As my home centre i'd have to say it's not too bad, but my most fav centre's would have to be Capalabah and Redcliffe. I always seem to bowl high averages there.
And yes Nikki it was me who first mentioned it.

Capalaba is my local, you can never go past your local centre its wat you get used too. 2nd would be Aspley there lanes are great.

Yes that for sure my home bowl *snif* CLAYFIELD.
I agree that ken sheenan is great coach, team work together
Also miss the best tournment in Clayfield all the time.
Wish Clayfield would stay FOREVER our lives.

caboolture is the best for me. even though i havent bowled at that many centre's i still think that it is the best

Back
Top Bottom