Belmo makes it a double at Brunswick Youth and Junior Cups

C

Clay Man

The 2003 Brunswick Youth and Junior Cups were held this weekend at Canberra International Bowl.

Jason Belmonte over came a determined Jarrod Lean to take out the Inaugural Brunswick Youth Cup. In second place was Jarrod Lean and third was Mick Zentveld.

Belmo's win comes on the back of his win in the 2003 Brunswick Cup held last weekend.

Hayley Donnelly from Qld took out the Junior Division with a 198 Scratch Average. Anthony Shaw was second with local bowler Jessica Seddon taking out third position. All three place getters attended the Cara Honeychurch camp during the week and the knowledge and skills they picked over the 4 days certainly paid dividends.

Attached below are the final placings for both the Youth and Junior Divisions.

A big thanks goes to our sponsors Brunswick, without whom tournaments such as these would not be possible.

We hope all bowlers have an enjoyable Christmas and New Years and hope to see you all here again in December 2004.

Lloyd Klaman

Whoops...Wrong sheet... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Attached below are the final standings....

Clayman

Brunswick Youth/Junior Cup

In yet another awesome display of power bowling, Jason Belmonte took out the Brunswick Intnl Youth Cup over the weekend. In my 30 year involvement in this fabulous industry, I can honoustly say that the talent that exists amongst our Youth and Junior bowlers is the very best I have witnessed over the last 3 decades. Australia would have to have the brightest prospects in amateur bowling of any country in the world. I also believe that Jason is destined for greatness - he has enormous ability, a great mental game and displays fantastic sportsmanship. To all the bowlers who participated in this year's event go our sincere thanks for making the inaugural Brunswick Youth/Junior Cup the success it was. We are extremely proud to have launched and hosted this new event on the Australian Tournament Calendar
Roy Menachemson
MD-BowlAustralia Group

As requested by many, i have attached the qualifying scores for the Brunswick Yth-Jnr Tournament.

Regards

Bert

just saying congrats to belmo on winning both the adult and youth divisions
your a great bowler and a nice guy you deserved it
congrats to jarod on coming 2nd in youth

Back
Top Bottom