BALL SPINNERS...

boybrowny

I realise that over the past couple of years BALL SPINNERS have been mentioned time and time again - I have a question for those of you (like me) who like to maintain their equipment...

How much would you be prepared to spend to purchase a ball spinner?

1/ - New with warranty
2/ - Home made without (using 2nd hand motor/ parts)

AND:

If anyone has made a home-made one out there who thinks their design is pretty good AND it cost less than $500 - can you post instructions on how to make it somewhere on the web!

(Feel free to email it to me and I will post it on my website or alternatively I am sure DAVE from OZBOWL.COM or GRAHAM from TOTALBOWLING.COM.AU would also be prepared to do the same).

Cheers

BROWNY

i made my own ball spinner with a bit of help from dad.

u need:

1 x workmate bench on something like it, i suppose you could make ur own bench if u wanted and had the time.

1 x washing machine motor and spindle. Its best to get this straight out of and old/broken washing machine so that you have the plate that the motor and spindle are already attached to (makes it much easier)

1 x dish or bowl. the dish needs to be strong ( not plastic ) steel is best. the dish needs to be big enough so that when u put the ball in it the ball dosent go in more than halfway.

And some kind of spong or padding that u can stick to the side of the dish.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. take the motor to an electrician and get him to put a plug on the end of the wires so u dont blow up fuses if u accidently wired it wrong. dosent cost much...$15 max

2. take the spindle and the dish to somebody who can weld or if its stainless steel some1 who has a tig welder. get them to welld a piece of steel pipe onto the bottom of the dish so that it will slide over the spindle. while u are there get them to drill 2 holes in the pipe and tap a tread inside of them so u can screw screws into them and against the spidle to it wont move. costed me $100 but it probly wouldnt cost as much if it isnt stainless steel.

3. then opend up the workmate bench so it is as far appart as possible. slip the motor and spindle between the 2 pieces of the bench ...u may need to modify the bench alittle ...like cut half circles for the motor. bolt the motor and spindle to the bench.

4. put a cloth or soething over the motor and spindle so it dosent get wet.

5. put the dish on and secure it and glue the padding around the top to the dish.

6. plug it in and c if it works .

Back
Top Bottom