Bahrain Open (May 20th-Jun6th)

P

pbafire

Well.....Bahrain International Open is underway today...

will post standings and results as time permits....

you can also check out these webpages:

www.bowling.com.bh

www.gulf-daily-news.com (click on Sports and they should do an article daily)

www.bahraintribune.com (off to the left click on pages 17 - 20, that is usually where the sports section is).

See you Aussie's out here whenever you get here (after Perth Cup I suppose??).

Scoops....too bad you can't make it, take care buddy.

PBAFIRE

Well after the first day.....nothing exciting....

A few Qatari's showed up early (they usually wait until week 2)..

Bandar Al-Shafi (Lefty) shot a 670

Saeed Al-Hajri (shot a 580)

I shot a sloppy 589 first squad (5 nine pins in the first two games)....but I made a lot of bad shots outside of those 9 pins so I deserve that 589.

a few local Bahraini's shot low 600-610's (Scoops would know these names...Raed, Ali Aquel)...geez give you an idea of the shot? down and in all the way for righties (I don't know though, the middles did open up nicely towards the later shifts...my other squad was a 545 playing inside......errr but I am not proud to say this but that was after a 112 the first game...so 433 for the last two wasn't too bad).

I know it's early....but just a wild predicition based on this years pattern compared to last....last year took 240 to move on...I say this year 215-220 will get you in the next round.

PBAFIRE

Thanks PBAFIRE

I know George is heading over there after Perth Cup .. don't know who else ?!?

Keep coming with the updates, appreciate them.

I appreciate the updates, Frawls, Tim and I will be heading over directly after the Perth Cup. See you soon.

George

OK update from day 2.

The Qatari's continue to do well. Bander shot a low 700 to go with his 670 from earlier and has another low 6, so he is on top with a 228 average for his 3 series.

Saeed left a few solid 9 pins in a 268 game-730 effort in the middle evening block last night.

Local Bahraini's Fawaz, Raed and a few others are around the low 200 average. Local Yousif Falah did well with a 680.

I got my head stuck up my butt stuggling for a line / reaction my first 2 games last night 189 / 187 / but then ball change / line change, front 7 strikes- 8th bad shot - 9th solid 9 - then to close the 10th of game three a nice flush 7-10 split.....oh well....609. Next shift for me was a good 630. So I have 630 609 578 - 201 average for the 3 sets....starting to get some rythm and timing back...watch out.

A few Kuwaiti's showed up (maybe three)...nothing good to report, a few good games here and there, but they couldn't put it together.

I will say they still continue to open nicely in the 2nd - 3rd block. 1st block will be good for the down and in'ers and then the later blocks is crankers paradise.

That's about it. Sorry about the other links I posted not being that informative.....that will change soon as the tourney progresses, but if I remember correctly from last year, the newspapers are still a day or two behind. And today don't expect anything new...Bahrain and other gulf countries is facing a big inet backlog due to having to relocate a major "trunk" line. (saw that reported in the newspaper yesterday). Today's newspaper hasn't even posted on-line (8AM here)...and even if it did it would probably only having opening day news.

Take care and wish everyone luck in the Perth Cup and see you soon out here in Bahrain.

PBAFIRE
(Scott Long)

Back
Top Bottom