Award ???

Graham

Staff member
Hi everyone ..

I am just looking for some ideas : if we were in a position to offer some bowling equipment as a "sportsmanship award" at the AMF Super Six events, what are your thoughts about how we should you go about deciding who wins this coveted award.

Peter Brown had a good idea at Koolfoam where bowlers decide who they thought deserved it but hardly anyone voted in it. If we made it a regular award would bowlers be interested in voting, or is there a better way to do it?

All thoughts / ideas / suggestions welcome.

I actually think it is a good idea to have the bowlers vote on it. It gives some of the bowlers something if they dont cash in a tournament.

Graham,

I believe the best way would be to have the bowlers vote on the Award. Perhaps you could improve the voting rate by entering the names of all those that participate into a draw to win, say, a Totalbowling.com polo shirt or a $50 voucher.

If you can't get a voting participation rate of at least 30 percent, then I suggest the Award be decided by a Committee comprising yourself and, say, four (4) others. Perhaps the other four could be drawn from a mix of Lane Marshalls, Tournament Officials and, after a few events, previous Award winners (who would be excluded from winning more than one Award in any 12-month period).

i think it is a good idea graham

i dont understand y you feel they shouldn't be allowed to win this award more than once in a 12 month period??? if they deserve the award they should recieve it. you can win more than one event in 12 months if u bowl well enough why not win an award more than once.

sorry if this sounds rude just my thoughts and i understan dthey are just yours
cheers
icon_smile.gif

More thoughts on this subject would be greatly appreciated. The prizes that could be up for offer could be quite substantial and if this is to work, Graham needs to hear ppls thoughts on the matter. If he can get enough idea etc flowing in, this could even happen for the SPC if lucky. If no support is shown then this will be another great idea left to fizzle like many before it.

icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, ">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael:
The prizes that could be up for offer could be quite substantial and if this is to work, Graham needs to hear ppls thoughts on the matter. If no support is shown then this will be another great idea left to fizzle like many before it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Mick

Yep this award is now so close to happening so I need some more ideas if anyone can offer more suggestions
icon_smile.gif
thanks

Back
Top Bottom