Australian Open 2003

C

Casmarand

:x :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil:
As the Tournament Calender for 2003 has been posted. It seems that AMF has moved the Australian Open back to Sunshine after the synthetic lanes were done. This in turn has left Highpoint in the cold. The team at Highpoint did a great job with the 2002 Australian Open so why not leave it there for a couple more years? :cry: What are your thoughts on this move?
:cry: :cry: :cry: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil:

Anywhere but Highpoint is great cause the approaches there are a joke. Everything else was OK

All The Best
Rob T

Well I didn't participate in the AO last year, so I can't comment on how it was run in comparison to other years or centres.

I can however cast my mind back to the "good old days" when the SPC was moved to Belconnen bowl for one year while Bankstown underwent the first of many renovations. It was one of the best run SPC's for many years (unless anyone can tell me otherwise) and we didn't get the opportunity to replicate it the next year. It sucks, it sometimes doesn't seem right but at the end of the day, life goes on and maybe just maybe we can build a bridge and get over it........

:wink: :wink: :wink:

:cry: You say the approaches are bad at Highpoint. When was the last time you bowled there? The approaches have been wood for over 2 years now and are like most other centres. I still think it's wrong to only give a centre a go at running a tournament like the Australian Open only once. :cry: When a team runs something really well they should have the chance to have a go at doing it again. :twisted: :twisted:

Obviously i bowled there in the Australian Open. Why else would i have posted that. They were slow and sticky. The worst wood approaches i have ever played on.

:evil: Maybe you should check your shoes and keep them in good condition.
The approaches have been good at highpoint for a long time now and no complaints were given to the staff, from what I have been told by some of the staff at highpoint. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Back
Top Bottom