ATBSO Challenge Perth 2007 -wind up

Hi Guys,
Another year has gone by and another challenge has been settled, congratulations to all bowlers who participated in Seniors week, and to all those not in teams but still travelled from afar, thankyou, I think it was worthwhile don't you ?. By the comments I have received I don't think there were too many problems, as we tried to address as many systemic hurdles as we could, and to keep the conditions fair "throughout" the week, including the challenge - please take this on board hosts for next time. It just proves that ATBSO is here to stay and we are going from strength to strength.
I know that everyone who was at the presentation night, enjoyed an evening that wasup there with the best of them, ATBSO WA put on a bit of a floorshow to have the fun back into a night that could easily been dull and dreary for those not winnning, so we all ended up winners.
I know I showed a little more that I would have liked and others saw a little more than they had hoped.
I would like to have the right people acknowledged for their hard work and behind the scenes efforts that otherwise goes unnoticed.
Roy Searle (big proclaimer) for his dedication and direction to hold the challenge in Perth and his committment, the amount of hours he gave up chasing and organising was incredible.
Carol Brands (Bikie village people - YMCA) for her cronological ability, and keeping Roy on the straight and narrow, for her persistence (God her persistence) in ensuring all the 'T's are crossed.
Susan (not Sue anymore...hhmmm a little more mature maybe,hey its not just in a name you know) just joking, for her idea of having a floorshow review (again sorry - what a view..ugghh) getting her idea off the ground and gaining the suport of the members to actually do some of the stuff.
Irene and Terry for their support and input it was invaluable, Edo for well the Edo stuff (lighting, sound etc) and taking Carol away everynight.
And of course the entertainers - Tina Turner, Shania Twain, a cameo from the Proclaimers, The Village People, Ray Charles, The Blues Brothers, Shirley Bassey, the supporting cast of people, and a special drop in performance from the cast of "The Full Monty"...and to anyone I have forgotten thanks... it was a team effort to have such a successful night....Good on ya ATBSO WA.

This was my first time away with ATBSO and was very impressed by the friendship and spirit of competition amongst the bowlers particularly in the Restricted Challenge. Had a great time (mostly.. damn splits spoil everything) and especially seeing a side of people I had not seen on the lanes......(AAAHHH) Will see people in a different light now.

However my son's fiancee who was there to support us has been left with images scarred into her eyes of........................the full monty, Big Spender, and found that us seniors have a side to us that they never knew existed.

Great effort from all involved. Thank you

Hi Folks, If any of the bowlers who were at the presentation night have photo's or video of the floorshow could you send them via email to [email protected] as we would like to get as much footage as possible to edit and place on a dvd as many people have requested a copy of the night.
Thanks

Hi Sue
I think Jess (my daughter) has some footage, I will ask her to get it to you after the Police have viewed it (chuckle)
GREAT JOB GUYS - WELL DONE. SA WILL BE GOING TO TOP THAT-they tell me that they (SA) are going to market the video of your show for fundraising for 2008 ?????

Regards
KJ

Yes and from Tony Long (SA)would also like to congratulate the WA ATBSO committee for a wonderful show and hospitality not only for the closing ceremony but for the entire 2 weeks.. and a special mention of Roy, Susan, Paul and Carol and all others behind the scenes for there efforts and of course Peter and Ronda for the very efficient and up to date scoring... all in all a bloody great effort and yes we do have a lot to live up to next year...

Back
Top Bottom