Are ball drillers an endangered species??

gaz030781

Noobus
Just wondering if anyone else out there has the same problem I have.......

I live in Kedron and have two brand new bowling balls that just flew in from the states, they are soooo sexy!!! So why would this be an issue you may ask??

I COULDN'T GET THEM DRILLED THE WAY I WANT IF THEY CAME WITH A BLANK SIGNED CHEQUE!!!!!!!

I find there aren't as many ball drillers in the metro Brisbane area as there should be. Rudy who was drilling my gear does it in spits and spats now and unfortunately it's very hard to organise him to drill my gear.

I need someone who can drill off a chart, knows what they are doing and (here is part of the issue) has a drill bit for switch grips, the ones with the fastening at the bottom, not the ones Animal uses as an example.

Can anyone help??

Regards,
Gaz.

I'm not sure about Logan's drill, but i know mt warren bowl has a drill bit for swith grips ( i've got 3 balls drilled with them there), but then again if your looking for a ball driller in the metro area, best bloke to see is who Adrian suggested, Jeff at Logan City.

Have to agree that good ball drillers seem to be a dying breed. I do a 7 hour round trip when my kids need balls drilled or repaired.

Give Andrew a call at AMF MacArthur. I know hes in sydney but you wont be dissapointed. He drills my gear and does a great job. He has all the gear and switch grips aswell.

Cheers

Matt

Yes Ross on the Gold Coast definately knows his stuff and whenever I give him a call he is always available in the next day or two. It's only a 45min drive and who needs an excuss to come to the GC?

Thanks everyone for your input. Rudy ended up doing them for me. He only drills when he can and I was lucky enough to get him for a couple of hours.

I must say he did a brilliant job once again! They are great and already bowling me some amazing games.

For anyone looking for a strong ball, take the plunge and get a Roto Grip Cell.

Since Peter and Jeff have taken over the pro-shop at our centre we have had nothing but compliments...Peter who imports all the gear direct from the U.S.A..(which means great prices) and Jeff who has more knowledge about ball drilling then anybody I have ever met ....Anybody that buys from them will definately not be dissappointed......

By the way is that Rudi who has to have personalized lane man , yea he wasnt a bad ball driller when he was in S.A. say hello from Tim Discombe when you see him tell him to drop a line or 2

go to ross for shore. him and brando are the only two in the state that take there time and no what there talking about

By the way is that Rudi who has to have personalized lane man , yea he wasnt a bad ball driller when he was in S.A. say hello from Tim Discombe when you see him tell him to drop a line or 2

I agree that there are few GOOD ball drillers available. I have heard that Ross from the GC is good.
However, I recently bought a new bowling ball and rang Rudy to find out if he could drill it for me. Rudy met me at Chermside on Saturday morning and I cannot fault his professionalism or his expertise. Rudy has drilled my bowling balls for a while now and I have never had a problem with the drilling. Even though Rudy is not working in the industry now, he still takes the time to drill for his regular clients.
Tim, I told Rudy that you said "hello" and he will try and drop you a line.
Ann

I agree that there are few GOOD ball drillers available. I have heard that Ross from the GC is good.
However, I recently bought a new bowling ball and rang Rudy to find out if he could drill it for me. Rudy met me at Chermside on Saturday morning and I cannot fault his professionalism or his expertise. Rudy has drilled my bowling balls for a while now and I have never had a problem with the drilling. Even though Rudy is not working in the industry now, he still takes the time to drill for his regular clients.
Tim, I told Rudy that you said "hello" and he will try and drop you a line.
Ann

No doubt Ann. He knows his stuff! Thanks for passing on the hello.

Back
Top Bottom