Arafura Classic

boybrowny

As far as I am aware the final conditioner pattern has been established and programmed into the machine for the Arafura Classic tournament.

The Darwin bowling alley - Planet Tenpin - will not disappoint those who are expecting some slippery stuff - and having had a bit of a bowl on the condition, I found a couple of really good lines to the pocket that suit both strokers and crankers alike.

Carry will be the true test in this centre - and if anyone can get a reaction that carries a 230 average and a 300 game are not out of the question.

Unfortunately I am unable to compete in this event due to work commitments (not just watching the V8 supercars that are here on the same weekend) - however will be there most of the time and be able to supply pics and scores if the TBA is not doing it this year.

The lanes are in need of a resurface, and if the weather remains as hot as it has been the past few days- the lanes will break down pretty quick - so quick adjustments (or a bulldog bowling ball) are in order.

Those who have the ability to play deeper in the lane - or on the left, won't have so much of an issue. The only problem I found playing very deep is that you need to be more consistent with your speed and accuracy than if you can find the small (but very real) area outside 5 board for the down and in bowlers.

BALL CHOICES for this tournament are easy - wet to mid-wet for the inside players. For the strong strokers playing the outside line - slow ballspeed with drier lane equipment or faster ballspeed with strong gear to make it back in time.

Hope to see you there !

Not yet -

They are up on the board in the bowling centre - I am next at the bowl on Wednesday for league - will get a copy of the listing and up it up when I get home for you....

Cheers

squad times

fri 21st may squad a check in 7pm bowl 7.30 pm
sat 22nd b check in 8am bowl 8.30am
sat 22nd c check in 1pm bowl 1.30pm

that is classic singles and seniors division :lol:

Lee,

From memory..having just this morning returned from Darwin,
there are a few interstaters - yourself, George Frilingos, Emma Rutten, Jason & Cameron Walsh, Craig McCloskey, and at least 3 youth bowlers from SA (whose names escape me at the moment sorry guys!) & Phillip Ramsay. The remainder of the field are local Darwin bowlers - the Arafura Classic is also the basis for the NT Rachuig rolloff. I think there were about 30 or so names on the list when I left the bowl on Sunday afternoon, but then again, I was one of those half cocked fools (refer previous post re Arafura Graded Rules) at the bowl over the weekend, so it is possible that I have misinterpreted the squad lists on the board the same way I have obviously misinterpreted the TBA rules and regulations :oops:

Just leave your isocol at home!

Broni Morgan

and just like i did last weekend Mr. G...."ill Smash you with my jacket" and thats not just on the lanes but also in any card game you want to play!

Looking forward on catching a few crocks :)

yeah theres myself( under 18) and clair johnston( youth) who are going up for the classic this year, not too sure bout a third but who knows!!!!!!

see yas all there!!!

matty kanafa

:oops:

Sorry - forgot to get the squad listing names last night...

Try http://www.planettenpin.com.au the host centre website...

I will get them tonight though...

ALSO - oil pattern has been re-programmed due to the other condition drying/ breaking down to quickly.

Oil is now 36 feet (buff is further than that though - somewhere between 40 and 45 - will find out when we chuck on the condition tonight)...

ALSO - the flow rates on all tanks has been pumped up to maximum - and a thinner condition to further increase oil volume on the lanes.

Yes it will carry down much quicker as a result (especially if the tempratures inside the bowl remain as high as they have been of late) - but their should be sufficient amount of wet stuff to prevent the heads from burning out during the tournament.

The lane is being tape analysed as I write - so we will know if it is up to the sanctioning requirements of 3-1 shortly. If not the head tech will continue to adjust the machine until it is...

Cheers !!!!

P

Back
Top Bottom