And we think we're hard done by

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
One of my kids is playing Senior cricket this year. He is 16 and the registration fee is $400. That has to be paid before he even steps on to the field. He will probably get around 5 months of cricket with a 4 week break over X-mas.
We really shouldn't think Bowling registration fees are too much.

I remember it oh too well.. it wasn't cheap! Many of the guys I played cricket with wouldn't pay it because they weren't guaranteed to play.

And it gets worse once you get into grade cricket and so on. One word of advice to any aspiring cricketers around this area - don't go to Valleys, they have a pretty average reputation around a few of the clubs. Biggest mistake I ever made when they found a legal loophole out of my medical fees from hospital treatment, and then had the hyde to drop me for the remainder of the season, whilst refusing to release me to another club.

But yes, fees in bowling for TBA membership aren't bad at all.

How much is his gear, Andrew?
Hi Tonx
Bat $470 New one every season, Pads gloves Helmet etc around $250 but they last about 2 seasons.
Robbie there is no weekly charge but he does play on Council grounds and I dont think the clubs pay fees for those.

I forgot to add - coaching from a Level 2, $30 per hour once a week.

Back
Top Bottom