AMF Robina Sign Up Day

Dougy

Hi everyone my name is Doug Kirby I started bowling many years ago and over the years I have seen the decline in young ones being involved in the sport, so I'm looking at getting back to where it all started for most of us and that is a junior league. So I’ve decided to set up a Robina Roll 'n Strike League

I'm looking at doing this the same way it was for us all those years ago with badges and etc., I know now we have pins and etc. so for this league all bowlers will need to be TBA reg and at end of league it will be trophy’s that will be given out.

Also for the league we will have coaches on hand each week to help out where ever is needed.

So with the ok from AMF I will be holding a sign up day at AMF Robina one free game for juniors of any age and any skill level, and with fingers cross I can get some well-known names on the day to help show the kids just how fun and cool bowling is, and we will also have coaches on this day.

And if anyone on here that would love to help out please feel free to get in touch with me. So the details are as follows

Date: 25-11-12

Time: 9.30am to start at 10am

Where: AMF Robina (under the movies at robina town center)

I will have flyers very soon as well and will put up once I have them

Also to help with the day a story will be ran that week in the local paper here on the coast and also a little bit of radio air time as.

I'm really looking forward to this day as there is nothing better than seeing a center full of juniors bowling and having great fun. And I feel by doing this for our sport we all love and enjoy so much we will make sure we have plenty of young ones keeping the sport alive.

If anyone would like any more info please feel free to touch base with me.

Cheers Doug

I have changed the name of the junior league to Robina Roll 'n Strike League..

TBAQ are really getting behide me in helping they will also be sending down a rep from TBAQ on the sign up day..

this is awesome doug.

everyone around the area who can get down for this day to help out in any way should. the future of this sport hinges on days like this.

i will be there for sure to help out mate in any way you need.

jase

Reactions: Cin
Thanks Jase

U are rights days like this do so much for the sport to keep it alive , its like footy and ect who do the same thing to get young ones in the sport..

Maybe someone can post the link up on the FB page to..

Cheers Doug

Here is the flyer for the sign up day

Attachments

• Robina Roll 'N Strike Flyer.pdf
    850.2 KB · Views: 23
Hi all with some great news we will have a Number 1 bowler on hand for the day to help out with the young up and coming days...

Can u guess who? LOL

Hi everyone

Only a cpl of weeks away from Robina sign up day so if you know any one with some young ones this will be a great way to get the started in the sport. Coaches on hand each week for the juniors.

Cheers Doug

Hi all

Just would like to say big thankyou to George Frilingos for makeing the time to come down yesterday to help out with the kids and also Jason Scott the kids love every min of it..

Well the sport now has another bunch of kids signed for the Roll 'n Strike league starting after the holadays.

Thanks again guys for making the time.

Cheers Doug

Back
Top Bottom