AMF Classic Circuit

vi

Hi All,

Unsure if many people know this or not so I thought I type it out for you all to read.

-----
For Bowlers of ALL Averages
The AMF Classic Circuit

1 Day Tournament

Inaugural Event - Sunday 22nd February at Boronia Bowl
Checkin: 9.00am

Entry Fee: $95

Prize Fund
1. $400 (plus Entry into an AMF Super Six Event. Valued up to $300)
2. $400
3. $350
4. $280
5. $240
6. $220
7. $200
8. $200
9. $195
10. $195
11. $190
12. $190
13. $95
14. $95
15. $50
16. $50
17. $50
18. $30
19. $30
20. $20
21. $20
based on 42 entries

Handicap: 90% of 210 (Handicap ceiling of 45)

Format:
Qualifying 8 games
Matchplay Final Top 12x11 games

Highest League Average over a minimum of 21 games, as at 30/11/2003

Plus Bonus Skins Event
For bowlers that do not make the Matchplay stage, will be invited to pay $25 to enter the 6 Game Skins Event. The highest game plus handicap for each of the 6 games will win $25. *min. of 10 bowlers required.

For all enquiries
Please call AMF Regional Office on 9890 3633 and ask for Warren Stewart or Tony Goodwin.

Or email: [email protected]

-----
I believe this is something that was mentioned in a previous post under the Victoria Forum about AMF setting up something of a circuit type for Victorian to compete. I guess it is now up to Vic bowlers to show their support one way or another if you want this to work or not. Hopefully the forms will come out soon at Metro areas otherwise refer to the above info or call them up.

OK Victorian Competitve Bowlers the balls' now in your court

With the fliers out for the Classic Circuit at all AMF Centres, it is now time to put your money where your mouth is. I doubt whether you will get a sweeter opportunity to entertain the idea of establishing a viable competitive circuit in Victoria again.

Based on 42 bowlers we have 336 games qualifying and 132 games matchplay. Thus we have 468 games to be bowled. The prizemoney is $3,580 including a $300 Super Six entry. The entry fees total $3,990. Thus AMF is serving bowlers up a game rate of approximately $0.88 cents a game.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Wow! If that doesn't draw bowlers in I don't know what will. This rate of course will probably be a one off. I also think they are hoping for a lot more than the 42 minimum bowlers. So if enough of you turn up, we just might get a couple more events just like it.

A Super Six Entry for the winner is a great idea guys. With the prospect of bowling 19 games and being paid at least a 100% premium on your entry fee for making matchplay, I will certainly be there. There are some money back spots and minor prizes also to encourage all to attend.

The format I believe is fair for all. However if you are not happy with it, I believe AMF are hoping to conduct a survey of the bowlers on the day to get a better idea about what formats, you, the bowlers want. So if you choose not to bowl or to show up on the day , then you have no right to complain on the forum about a lack of tournaments!

So let's grab the chance to get a regular circuit going again in Victoria. See you all at Boronia to knock down some pins.

Regards
Jockey

If this was on a different day i would bowl it. But being on the same weekend as Werribee Cup i will be there.

Hope all goes well. Its a shame to see so many good tournaments clashing these days.

I can't understand a lot of these clashes, were there many clashes between ATBA,VGBO and MTBOV 12-15 yr ago when there seemed to be something on every weekend? With the comparitive lack of events in Vic these days compared to the late 80's i thought avoiding clashes would be easy. That being said i wouldn't mind hitting one or two of these events, it just wont be this one though.

Yes it does seem alot of date clashing is going on. Doesn't anyone consult the tournament calenders anymore??? Most especially when you are trying to attract the same crowd. Organisers shouldn't make bowlers choose.

Werribee cup is on 14 March, Boronia is on 22 February? How is that a clash of dates????????????

I think Milkman has got all confused with this one.
The Werribee event on that weekend is a 2 day event, if he means the youth tournament. But if he means the cup, then is dates are out all together.

Only a week to go. So get your entry in!

With this tournament set for Sunday week it is important that we Victorian bowlers make a stand and attempt to get a circuit going again.

It's a pity our youth bowlers won't be part of this tournament. I'm sure if National Rankings points were not on the line they also would be part of what we hope is a Victorian Tournament Circuit rebirth. Though it won't be a scratch event circuit it is at least a circuit for all of us to bowl in. Good luck to all of you at Werribee and we hope to see you all at the next event.

If the rumours about Rachuig (1st Weekend at Boronia?) are true then it may be a way to make the final decision about if you are up to trying out this year or not. The only way to find out is to get out of your comfort zone and start your journey towards achieving your goal.

For example the journey towards me making the Rachuig team last year started in 1985 when I took up bowling at Northcote Bowl, steps along the way were:
1988 Individual Pinfall League Champion in league at Northcote
1990 First and only Team League Champions - Keon Park
1990 First and only Team Wooden Spooners - Mooroolbark
1990 Graded East Coast Team - Gold Coast
1992 Dunn Shield Winning Team - Northcote
1992 MTBOV Graded Points Winner (Full Year)
1992 Winner MTBOV Victorian Graded Open - Northcote
1995 East Coast Open Winning Team - Sunshine
1995 Dunn Shield Winning Team - Northcote
1995 Winner Northcote Open Masters
1996 Walter Daveer Inaugural Team - Belconnen
1996 East Coast Open Team - Cannon Hill
1996 East Coast All Star - Cannon Hill
1997 Captain East Coast Graded Team - Penrith
1999 East Coast Open Team - Toowoomba
2000 Co- Managed East Coast Boys Team (Champions) - Keon Park
2000 Highest Average Dunn Shield - Highpoint (Bowling for Chadstone)
2003 Rachuig Team - Townsville

I started working to achieving my goal of bowling in the Rachuig by starting to bowl in tournaments, house ones at first, then Victorian Graded Bowling Organisation, MTBOV, ATBA, East Coast etc. I set little goals along the way like winning a tournament and making representative teams. I was lucky enough to be involved with 4 winning teams and to win two events on my journey.

My goals were achieved slowly but the point is they were achieved. So it's now up to you to set your goals and go for it. Achieving your goals might not happen tommorrow or the next day, but if you persevere it can happen. Take it from someone who set a goal 18 years ago and finally achieved it last year when I was lucky enough to be called up for Rachuig. My new goal is to make it into the team as a member of the top five qualifyers this year. So I set a challenge for all of you to stop me!

Just remember the hardest part is to get started. Once you get started then it is up to you how long it takes you to complete the journey. You don't have to make giant leaps in the beginning as you can see from my journey, little steps will be enough. Remember success can be measured in many ways. So as I have done in this post make a list of your successes and failures and see how long it takes you to achieve your goal. The smart bowler knows that success comes from all experiences including failures.

Well thats my two cents worth! Hope to see you all at Boronia on Sunday 22nd. Remember 9am check-in.

Regards
Terry

Jockey,

As you may read in another post someone is trying to put together a scratch circuit for next year, and a couple of events this year.

http://www.totalbowling.com.au/php-forum/viewtopic.php?t=4486

I am in the process of putting together the paperwork to start to approach sponsors, in an attempt to run a circuit next year. I hope to run 5 tournaments next year, with a total prizefund for the events exceeding $50,000.

I am also hopping to keep the costs below $200 for each event, and try to ensure that we pay approx 2 in 5.

RE: Expenses reply

Expense

Thanks for the post and I will look forward to hearing more about the progress of the circuit.

I would certainly be willing to aid in any way.

A suggestion I might make is:

RE: 2 in 5 prize payout

If we make prizefunds too top heavy we may either not even get off the ground or worst still have a couple of tournaments and then it falls over again.

I for one don't see any easy solution to this dilemma but hopefully a balance can be found that will encourage all bowlers to continue to compete.

Regards
Terry

Ive put my name down for this tournament.

According to the entry form, your average as at 30/11 is used. I'll see you guys on Sunday with my 166 average :)

Thanks dandenong bowl!

omg Cameron - lmao... I'll even be giving you pins.... how on earth did you bowl such crap at Dandenong... I thought they were good lanes... :D

Any striking hairstyles we should watch out for on Sunday???? Seeing as we have no idea what your latest 'do' is???

JK... will be good to catch up with you...

The afro will be in full force, however, the colour is natural at present.

I dont think Ive had a haircut for 9 months actually. Maybe its about ready to give birth

Jockey,

If you have been to the attached link, you will see that the proposed prize fund is not top heavy.

2 in 5 is better than tournaments around. As most only offer 1 in 3 (2 in 6), l am trying to reduce the number of people missing out on cash.

I feel that 1st deserves to get a good return, as do all the finalists. They should get double thier entry for making the final (that is qualifing fees). I also feel that you need to ensure that you pay past the cut, as far to many events only pay the bowlers that make the cut, and that is discouraging for a number of people. If bowlers are able to feel they a have better chance at getting a return from an event, that will encourage them to try.

I for one, always look at the prizefund, (for the cut), but l try to ensure the events l now bowl in offer a good return to those that miss. Because l know that those tournaments will happen that you can not make the final (lately more often for myself), but l want to know that l will still get a return for my effort, if l bowl well, but not well enough.

I would love to offer 1 in 2, for a prizefund, but sponsors are hard to find, and l am trying to ensure that entry fees stay down. The price l have stated of $200 for entry, is about $75 more than l want it to be. To be able to reduce this would take more sponsors, less prizefund, less return.

I am sure that you would agree, that you dont want to see bowlers getting back, $50 for finishing 1 spot outside the cut, or as happened for most of last year with the MTBOV, we did not get back the entry fee for making the final. I want to ensure that everybody is getting a fair return.

Just my say.

For those who didn't compete or had clashes the first AMF Circuit tournament at Boronia went well.

The turnout was great 60+ bowlers.

The scores were updated on a regular basis. There was a projector present to show the scores. Staff level on the day was good. Didn't notice much breakdown of machinery so that is a plus.

Matchplay went smoothly. Skins did go ahead. They got their numbers.

There was a forum afterwards to get bowlers' feedback. Refreshments was provided.

As the prizefund was based on 42 entries and the tournament got more than that. Paid down further and increased the amounts for those that made the cut. Warren stated payout was more than 1 in 2. The first three placings did get trophies.

Overall the tournament went well and organised well.

Warren confirmed that the next tournament will be on 4th April 2004. So put that in your bowling calendar and hopefully that doesn't clashes with anything else!!

Warren is putting together a mail list for the next tournament. If you wish to be on it give your name and address details to him. Warren's contact details is in the first entry of this post.

If you want to know more about the tournament just respond back to this post.

One concern I had with the tournament was averages and handicap for the next tournament. I'm sure we will hear more about it and how it will work.

Cheers,
Vi

Hi Vi,

I couldn't make it on Sunday, so could you & anyone else tell me what the end Results were.

Thanks.

Hi Vi,

I couldn't make it on Sunday, so could you & anyone else tell me what the end Results were.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom