Storm agent

Yeah i just drilled this ball up last tuesday, pin just below ring, and cg kicked out right at about 45 degrees, only had a 1 1/2" pin, truely this ball has put storm back on my list, its versitility is uncanny. After i drilled it, got to partially carried down 42ft oil pattern, after a few shots this ball seriously couldnt miss... the carry was relentless!!! I was playing 33 out to 7 and this ball just screamed back.. after that i played tighter 45 out to 13, and this ball loved the longer oil... I even had a few shots down 2 board with it... and if i backed off of it a lil, this ball was high flush all day long! seriously a must for anyone looking for heavy or long oil ball.

i just bought an agent for myself about 2 months ago the agent is seriously awesome i got mine drilled up leverage and so much backend and very strong rolling with a very strong pick up in the midlane leading to very strong arcing motion on the backend incredible ball lots of target area forgiveness and on tournament patterns you can miss your target and the ball will still come back a great long oil ball and medium lanes ball best storm ball ive bowled or seen in ages better than a pyro or a fired up i have bowled a paradigm passion and i reckon the agent comes close to the hook of the paradigm passion and that paradigm passion was drilled leverage as well if you want a medium to heavy oil lane ball thats outstanding get an agent

it may seem weird to post twice but im just having my say thanks heaps

Drilled mine up 4 1/2" x 4" (same as my fired up). Seems a more heavy rolling ball which was good as the fired up is very flippy. It tried to dive on drier lanes but on oil held really nicely. Two series with it so far have been 609 (on dry) and 713 (bit more carrydown) so I'm happy so far.

Used my new Agent on the weekend and it was terrific. Drilled with the pin just above the fingers and CG just beneath. Averaged 230 for the ten skins games and won four skins, it was a good day. The carry of the ball was the best I have seen with a medium oiled lane.

Hi All,

I've had my Agent for about 1 month now. Drilled it 3 3/8 leverage pin / cg to PAP with an axis hole 1 inch past my PAP for extra flare.

What can I say? Great ball! Clears the heads very well and an excellent consistent roll and hook to the pocket.

It is probably the best ball I've used from Storm, the other being the Vertigo.

I too averaged 230 yesterday at Forest Hill to win an SPC spot.

Leo

I have to agree, it reacts similar to the vertigo but clears through the heads better. Gives good mid-roll anf fantastic carry. Mickey Zentfield also used it to top qualify for the SPC.

I drilled one of these a couple of months ago and it is an impressive piece.

I started with a lowish topweight (2.7oz) and drilled mine with a very weak layout (6" pin to pap, pin in grip near the middle finger). Looks like it's laid out for a lefty. My practice partner Chris Thomas thought I was mad when he saw it. He bought one and drilled it exactly the same two weeks later. He is presently averaging 234 in league at Tuggeranong with it (15 games playing as a sub).

This ball clears the heads fast and makes a strong midlane move with plenty of punch in the backend. Pin carry is awesome, so long as you don't get too fast. Speed up too much and it can leave corners. (I throw it faster than most folks, so this shouldn't be a problem.) Both of us have taken the gloss off the surface with 4000 grit Abralon and found this to tame the Reactor coverstock. We both like the Agent for medium to wet conditions. Strokers could leave one polished for medium/dry lanes and have a really good look, dependent on ball speed.

As a cranker, I find most league conditions too dry for it in Canberra, where free hook is abundant. Chris, with a softer hand than me (but still plenty) eats up Tuggeranong with it, as he can hold the bouncy backends better than me. (I'm working on it...) On tournament patterns though, this ball is one of the first things out of the bag for both of us.

If you're looking for some extra roll and hook with control, this could just be the number. I have watched strokers throw the Agent and they look magnificent. A smooth, predictable arcing motion with tons of grunt in and around the pocket.

Another winner from Storm.

Even midlane reaction (not "jerky")
Reads the oil very accurately (because of the even motion across the lane)
The orange scent is pleasant (I don't like all of them...)
Trips 10's and 4's (The EMC core creates great carry.)
It's a good looking ball!

Dislikes
The ball is so likeable that I often try to use it where I shouldn't, so end up throwing it too hard and leaving corner pins. I want to use it everywhere! Thankfully, I've worked the speed factor out now and know when to put it in the bag.

Cheers,
Jason

Ok, time for my thoughts on the Agent.

After having drilled an Agent up as Jason said in his last post, I have found this ball to be the most versatile ball I have ever had the privilege of bowling with. I have been successful with it on a vast array of conditions, from medium heavy through to medium dry lanes.

The Agent is effortless to get through the heads, offers a very controlled midlane reaction and a very surprising amount of punch in the pocket. The ball almost looks lazy as it works its way down the lane but I can assure that its all business when it hits the pins.

This ball would be well suited to anyone who wishes to add a 'benchmark' ball to his or her arsenal. Its always the first ball out of the bag for me at tournaments, as it gives me a great read of the lane pattern and allows me to make some good ball choices from there.

The Agent is also one of the few balls I have found that can be used to equal effect across all the different synthetic lane types, matching up well on HPL right through to the older Brunswick synthetics.

In summing up, The Agent is a great piece of gear and can be best described as predictable and dependable.

Thanks

CT

Back
Top Bottom