300's

smurf

DANDENONG'S ON FIRE
5- 300 GAMES AND A 298 + 299 IN THE LAST 6 WEEKS,
WAY TO GO FOR AN OLDER CENTER, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK :)

GREAT CONDITIONS AT THE MOMENT

And hearing about Keon Park and Boronia is??
Really...

I hadn't gotten to them yet. Last I heard Keon park was practically guaranteeing a 300 game for each league bowler. Pretty sad state of affairs when you have to provide CHEATER conditions in order to keep your bowlers happy.

Yet?

whats been holding you up wayne an invitation?

I will tell you one thing conditions have been more consistent of late at dandenong but by no means a walk over. These scores have been well earned in whats traditionaly known as a harder centre. how about you see over time how things pan out score wise before you open your trap. i'm sure there are other centres in Australia that deserve your wise opinions.

These guys deserve what they have achieved not your slack jawed remarks.

GREAT CONDITIONS AT THE MOMENT

I think that about says it all.

Wayne: I wouldn't go so far as to call them "cheater conditions", however I do agree that it is a sad fact that centres have to put down these easier conditions to please the masses.

However, while centres put down these house shots, how many leagues have floated the idea and spoken to thier centre manager about running a tougher pattern for them? Not many I'd say, and that's because while we all sit here and ramble on about the decline in the middle & bottom end of tournament bowler standards, most people would baulk at joining a league where week after week they played on tough international conditions. How embarressing for you when you have to tell your friend you only average 180 in a sports league while they average 220 on a THS!

This isn't to take away from the bowlers who achieve these high games on a THS. They have still managed to do something alot of people struggle with; maintain focus for 12 shots, keep the ball roughly in the same spot and bowl with roughly the same release & speed. They are just doing the best they can with the tools they are given; a THS with a nice wall of oil to guide the ball and a ball designed to drop off the wall at the right point and roll neatly into the pocket. These 300 & 299 games used to be Honour Roll scores. To call them that now seems to take alot away from the bowlers of yesterday.

Yet?
whats been holding you up wayne an invitation?
I will tell you one thing conditions have been more consistent of late at dandenong but by no means a walk over. These scores have been well earned in whats traditionaly known as a harder centre. how about you see over time how things pan out score wise before you open your trap. i'm sure there are other centres in Australia that deserve your wise opinions.
These guys deserve what they have achieved not your slack jawed remarks.

So true. We had pot games last Wednesday and you had to make good shots. Perfect example, I shoot 298 and loose it completely on the next pair. Walk in the park...NOT!

Why dont you come down next Wednesday night at 7.30 and join us for some pot games!

Leo

While we all love to bowl perfect games and the like the best thing we can do is keep an honest perspective on these scores. House conditions are a lot friendlier than they used to be so people who can actually bowl find it a lot easier to roll "honour scores".
We should place more emphasis on "honour scores" bowled on tournament patterns as these are a lot more difficult to produce.
I don't care for people who put down people who bowl these scores regardless of the conditions they bowled on as they after all had to execute for 12 shots regardless of the conditions.
Sounds like sour grapes to me.

I don't care for people who put down people who bowl these scores regardless of the conditions they bowled on as they after all had to execute for 12 shots regardless of the conditions.
Sounds like sour grapes to me.

I don't see where I specifically put down by name, anyone by who might have benefitted from 'soft' conditions. I've bowled more 300's than anyone else in this country, many of which were bowled on 'blocked' lane conditions. So I know what it's like to be 'given' an honour score.

The difference is that prior to reactive resin AND kegel machines, you actually had to 'execute' and hit your 2 or 3 board wide target with a consistant release, unlike today when all that's required to shoot big numbers is the latest and greatest bowling ball, a well maintained lane surface and the ability to keep your ball within an arrow of your 'target' at the breakpoint. The path on which the ball travels to get to the break point doesn't really seem to matter, so long as it gets there somehow.

I'm condemning the spineless S.O.B.s who give in to the falsehood that higher scoring is good for the business of bowling. I think it's a result of todays' instant gratification society. DOESN'T EARNING ANYTHING HAVE ANY MEANING TODAY?

Who really cares who bowls on what condition during league? Who cares if someone scores 300 on an easier condition or if someone scores it on a tougher condition?
If someone WANTS to bowl on a tougher condition they will... if someone WANTS to bowl on an easier condition they will...
You're never going to be able to force people to bowl on a tough pattern if they don't want to...

:mad: I agree Buzzer, and what a stupid coment by wchester if all it took was a new modern ball to get a 300 we would all have one by now wouldn't we ??? most of us can hit our target on regular basis but again not all of us have the big one so much for new modern balls:rolleyes: come to dandy and with your great skill you should be able to roll a 300 within three games if the lanes are so easy ;) Go to dandy were you learn to bowl :)

You tell em Mark & Rick !!!! Its the same for all ....Most centres are finding the lanes easier these days ..... I am thinking of mentone Sports pattern league on monday nights might be the go to help my conertration side of my game...

WoW :new_shocked: Wayne more 300's than anyone in this country you are a star... and on blocked lanes too! that's huge...:beerchug:

I really dont get it! Why do people have to take away the joy of others...these people have achieved the ultimate score in a bowling game and the reality is most people wont...yet somebody always has to piss down on their parade...Why?

Be proud of your achievements Wayne as well you should be...but before you start to shoot down these people for their achievements perhaps you should find out who some of them are...the likes of Mac Stewart (Australian Rep, State Rep, currently ranked in the top 5 in Australia) Barry Dodds (State Rep) Lance Dyer (State Rep ) Lindsay Kilpatrick (Junior Champ and top ten finish in SPC) Leo Torres...just to name afew....as you can see these are very established bowlers with great talent and ability and more than deserving of any accolade bestowed apon them....I have been trying for the last 8 years to get a 300 at Dandy and come close probably once...I would like to think that if I ever did get it that I would be commended for it and not ridiculed for having an easy condition or a magic ball that did all the work...

I'll give you the hot tip Wayne...every one of those games was well earnt and very deserving of an "honor" score.
Cheers Mary

I am thinking of mentone Sports pattern league on monday nights might be the go to help my conertration side of my game...

Renta in the mentone sport bowling league... oh, that would be fun! Maybe you can convince rrichman to come with you! I'll have to talk to you about it next time I'm at Dandenong!

Dr. Chris (Mentone Sport Bowling League Coordinator)

I don't see where I specifically put down by name, anyone by who might have benefitted from 'soft' conditions. I've bowled more 300's than anyone else in this country, many of which were bowled on 'blocked' lane conditions. So I know what it's like to be 'given' an honour score.
The difference is that prior to reactive resin AND kegel machines, you actually had to 'execute' and hit your 2 or 3 board wide target with a consistant release, unlike today when all that's required to shoot big numbers is the latest and greatest bowling ball, a well maintained lane surface and the ability to keep your ball within an arrow of your 'target' at the breakpoint. The path on which the ball travels to get to the break point doesn't really seem to matter, so long as it gets there somehow.
I'm condemning the spineless S.O.B.s who give in to the falsehood that higher scoring is good for the business of bowling. I think it's a result of todays' instant gratification society. DOESN'T EARNING ANYTHING HAVE ANY MEANING TODAY?

So Wayne how many do you have ....Also while your at it how many in Aust,??????????????? Seeing the lanes here are so BLOCKED.....

here here you beautiful baby machine everyone that rolls a 300 including wchester deserves every accolade they get no matter what the condition you still have to roll 12 great shots i have rolled 11 a few times only to fall at the last hurdle so lets start saying good things about this acheivment that few of us get luv ya mary and you to bazza ya big lugg

Back
Top Bottom